Experienced. Aggressive. Reliable. We Fight for You.
- No Hidden Fees Involved
- No Obligation to Continue Beyond the Case Review
- Get All Your Legal Questions Answered
Notable Case Results
Class Action Mortgage Broker Rest Break
Brain Injury Settlement
Insurance Bad FaithSettlement
Mortgage Broker Rest Break Class Action
Brain Injury Settlement
Insurance Bad Faith Settlement
no fees until you get paid
California Car Accident Claim Process
After being injured in a vehicle collision, you will need to begin researching the California car accident claim process. If you’ve never been involved in this process before, chances are you don’t even know where to start. The best place to start is contacting a car crash lawyer who can guide you through the entire process.
Your attorney will take a great deal of stress and pressure off of you and can help keep you from accidentally damaging your case. If you wait too long to obtain the services of an attorney, you may find that you’ve already reduced the value of your claim unintentionally.
The Auto Injury Claim Process
Understanding the claim process for California car accidents can help you gain the most positive outcome possible for your case. In a typical case, you’ll need to take the following steps:
- Investigation – Determining what or who was responsible for your crash is the first part of the process. You can’t demand compensation from a negligent party if you don’t know who that party is. Your attorney will investigate your crash to determine who was at fault.
- Evidence Collecting and Documentation – Next, evidence must be gathered to prove fault. Evidence can include photos and videos of the crash scene and your injuries, witness statements, police reports, accident reports, and more. You should also be documenting your accident-related costs.
- Filing Paperwork – You will have to file legal paperwork to get the claim process started.
- Negotiations – Your attorney will need to negotiate with insurers to get you the fair compensation you deserve. Should the insurer fail to offer reasonable compensation for your damages, you would head to the next step.
- Trial – A trial is only necessary if a fair settlement can’t be reached; however, your attorney from Haffner Law is ready and willing to duke it out in the courtroom to get you the compensation you need for an auto wreck you didn’t cause.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer in LA
Understanding the California car accident claim process is useful, but attempting to file a claim on your own isn’t advisable. When you’ve been seriously injured, you need to obtain maximum compensation to cover all your financial and non-financial losses. A lowball settlement simply won’t cover the damages you’ve suffered.
Speak with a Los Angeles auto injury attorney at Haffner Law. We work on a contingency fee basis, and we offer free claim evaluations. Complete the contact form on this page or dial 1-844-HAFFNER (423-3637).