Experienced. Aggressive. Reliable. We Fight for You.
- No Hidden Fees Involved
- No Obligation to Continue Beyond the Case Review
- Get All Your Legal Questions Answered
Notable Case Results
Class Action Mortgage Broker Rest Break
Wrongful Death/Personal Injury
Bank of AmericaMortgage Broker Wage Class Action
Mortgage Broker Rest Break Class Action
Brain Injury Settlement
Wrongful Death/Personal Injury
Bank of America Mortgage Broker Wage Class Action
no fees until you get paid
Los Angeles Airbag Injury Lawyer
Although they’re intended to keep you safe, airbags all to often do just the opposite. A Los Angeles airbag injury attorney can help you hold negligent airbag manufacturers accountable.
Airbags are ingenious inventions that have saved many lives a>, but they can cause serious injuries if they don’t deploy correctly. Filing a personal injury claim for an airbag injury can be difficult because it often pits you against a large manufacturer.
A Los Angeles airbag injury lawyer can help you put together a solid case and present it in the correct light. At Haffner Law, we’ll use our resources and experience to get you the compensation you need.
The worst airbag injuries in LA are caused when an airbag deploys incorrectly, but even a normal deployment can cause harm. Incorrect deployments are usually due to a crash sensor malfunction. Sensors are supposed to allow the airbags to deploy during impacts of eight miles per hour or more. The chemical explosions used to deploy airbags can cause the devices to reach speeds of 100 mph.
The following are ways airbags can harm unsuspecting victims:
- Deploying early or late by a fraction of a second
- No-crash deployment
- Low-impact deployment
- Failed deployment
- Incomplete deployment
- Ripped airbag releasing chemicals
- Proper deployment that still causes harm, such as facial or neck injury
People who suffer the most serious airbag injuries are usually shorter, elderly, or very young, and many of these injuries occur in low-speed impacts.
Front-seated children are likely to suffer much more serious damage due to their size, depending on whether they are in a forward- or rear-facing car seat. Both of these types of car seats have their own particular injuries, but children are more likely to be injured by the airbag than by the accident itself.
Injuries commonly listed in Los Angeles airbag injury claims include the following:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Facial trauma like abrasions, lacerations, and impact burns
- yet injuries like orbital fractures, retinal tears, retinal detachment, lens rupture, and chemical-induced eye injuries
- Fractured bones like ribs, sternum, skull, eye socket (orbital fracture), nose (nasal fracture), wrist, elbow, and finger
- Joint injuries like dislocations
- Traumatic brain injuries like concussions
- Lower back and neck sprains and strains like whiplash
- Chemical burns from ripped airbags
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Pregnancy complications
In some instances, defective airbags from companies like Takata have shot shrapnel into occupants’ faces, causing even worse harm. Your airbag injury lawyer in Los Angeles will work hard to ensure the manufacturer or whoever else is to blame is held financially accountable.
Compensation for Airbag Injuries in LA
Your airbag injury attorney in Los Angeles will examine the evidence to ascertain what actually caused the injuries and how bad those injuries are. This includes whether these will be chronic conditions that cause a lifetime of lost abilities, income, and joy.
Compensations for wrongful death, as well as punitive damages from companies that are egregiously negligent, is available, and the rest of your potential harms fall under economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages include the following monetary difficulties:
- Medical expenses
- Reconstructive surgeries
- Lost income
- Disability accommodations
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of consortium
- Scarring and disfigurement