Tractor Trailer Accidents in Los Angeles
California Tractor Trailer Accidents Lawyer
Tractor-trailers are incredibly important vehicles that are used for transporting freight from place to place. As convenient as these vehicles might be, their large size makes them prone to accidents, be it on them or on other drivers in the area. Tractor-trailer accidents in Los Angeles can pose serious destruction of property along with catastrophic injuries that can lead to wrongful death. This is where a Los Angeles tractor-trailer accidents attorney comes in.
The most common truck accidents that operators or truck drivers meet include jackknife, rollover accidents, collisions, entanglement, and more. A truck accident can often result in a severe injury, such as a brain injury or spine injury, that has lasting effects on the accident victim’s life. Luckily, in the event of a catastrophic injury or wrongful death, a truck accident attorney is available to help truck drivers fight for the compensation they or their loved ones need.
Personal injury lawyers from Haffner Law are willing to go above and beyond for their clients to ensure that they come out on top. The lawyer has no hidden fees involved if you are concerned about finances, especially with the accident you are faced with. Our personal injury attorney will be your staunchest advocate in providing legal advice, representing the truck accident victim in court for their truck accident case, and negotiating the best deal possible to help you get back on track. Call our law firm to discuss your case.
Why do I need a California Tractor-Trailer Accidents Lawyer?
You might find that getting legal assistance from a personal injury attorney in Los Angeles after any California tractor-trailer accident is an additional cost on top of your already piling medical bills and missed wages. However, it could be more stressful and confusing to go through it alone. This makes hiring a personal injury lawyer the best move you can make.
A lawyer has plenty of duties in your personal injury case. Apart from being your strongest advocate and helping you get a truck accident claim, a lawyer can:
- Investigate the Cause of Injury or Wrongful death. Your Los Angeles personal injury attorney is capable of reviewing your case from the top to the bottom in order to determine liability.
- Proving Negligence. An attorney can use their extensive experience in the field to prove every single component of negligence to ensure you get maximum benefits.
- Strongly Offer Representation. Bank on the personal injury attorney’s years of experience in the practice area to guide you throughout your case.
Spare yourself the hassle of navigating personal injury law on your own. You can always reach out to Haffner Law. With over years of legal experience, this aggressive LA law firm is determined to put you in a powerful position in negotiating for better claims with the insurance company so you can get what you truly deserve. Schedule an appointment right now with an experienced truck accident attorney.
What are Tractor-Trailer Accidents?
Accidents happen frequently, but that doesn’t mean they should be taken a lot less seriously. Tractor-trailer accidents are particularly dangerous, given the size of the vehicle and the impact it has on those around them. If you get into an accident with a big truck, delivery vehicle, or any other type of commercial truck, your injury claim is likely to be more complicated than an average car accident claim.
The question remains: who is responsible? Is it the truck driver, the driver’s employer, or the owner of the truck? Learn the basics of tractor-trailer accidents and enlist the help of a seasoned personal injury lawyer from the reputable LA law office, Haffner Law, if you have gotten into a California truck accident.
What are the Common Causes of Tractor-Trailer Accidents in Los Angeles?
There are many instances of issues with truck operation. Typical causes of car accidents involving semi-trailers include (but are not limited to) driver fatigue, drug use, driver error, and equipment malfunctions.
- Driver Fatigue and Drug Use. Drowsiness would cause a driver’s ability to control the truck to be significantly decreased. It can also disturb judgment, reduce the reaction, and prevent drivers from deciding safely.
- Truck Driver Errors. One of the leading causes of most car accidents is driver error. Some other common errors include speeding, taking a curve too fast, and ignoring things in your blind spots.
- Equipment Problems. There are two common causes of truck accidents: equipment and mechanical failure. Dangerous manufacturing errors (like defective tires) can happen, or developers may make mistakes while designing the truck.
Other causes of accidents include dangerous weather conditions, faulty road design, and traffic signal failures.
What Should I Do If I Get Into a Tractor-Trailer Accident in Los Angeles?
If you get in a bad car crash with a big rig and don’t need immediate medical assistance, here’s what you should do before leaving the scene:
- Always check to make sure that those in your car and the motorists around you are safe, especially in the winter.
- If you find out who did this, let the authorities know. You’re going to need their help in order to prevent them from doing it again and to catch them.
- At the time of pickup, be sure to get the truck driver’s information so that you know who to follow up with in case something happens during the delivery process. Check for details like whether their employer is a trucking company, if they’re an independent contractor driving their own vehicle, or if they lease a truck from a company.
- Take a picture on your phone of any damage and any logos or signage on the truck.
- Be sure to note the circumstances leading up to the crash and ensure you take them into account.
- Make sure to get the names and addresses of any witnesses that are a part of the vehicular accident.
How Are Tractor-Trailer Accidents in Los Angeles Settled?
A legal settlement is reached when the parties to litigation come to an agreement outside of a court. A settlement can often be reached by using alternative dispute resolution methods, such as arbitration, mediation, or negotiation. These are non-binding ways of reaching an agreement. Arbitration replaces a civil trial and is binding. The arbitration process can be used even if the party’s disagreement is being litigated in court. For instance, a claim for damages after a trucking accident may be resolved through ADR methods.
Settling outside of court has a ton of benefits. It’s typically much cheaper, faster, and far less adversarial than litigation. With ADR, there is no admission of fault by either party, and confidentiality enables parties to discuss contentious issues calmly. When parties are less defensive, they’re better able to calmly discuss their differences and are more likely to reach an amicable settlement agreement.
Call our Tractor-Trailer Accidents Lawyer Now!
Accidents are always unfortunate due to the injuries sustained, such as brain injury, spinal injury, fractures, and more, along with the very real possibility of death. If you or a loved one has been an accident victim in tractor-trailer accidents in Los Angeles or any large truck accident, know that it is in your best interests to get in touch with an attorney from Haffner Law whose years of practice have made them efficient and knowledgeable about personal injury to help you get compensated for your injuries. Schedule an appointment with Haffner Law right now.