Experienced. Reliable. Capable. We Look Out for You.
- No Hidden Fees Involved
- No Obligation to Continue Beyond the Case Review
- Get All Your Legal Questions Answered
Notable Case Results
Class Action Mortgage Broker Rest Break
Wrongful Death/Personal Injury
Bank of AmericaMortgage Broker Wage Class Action
Brain Injury Settlement
Wrongful Death/Personal Injury
Bank of America Mortgage Broker Wage Class Action
no fees until you get paid
Notable Case Results
Some of the representative insurance cases attorneys at Haffner Law PC have handled include:
- Personal Injury Case – May 2022, $2,250,000 judgment following arbitration award in personal injury case.
- Wrongful Death Case – May 2022, $5,500,000 accident settlement for wrongful death.
- PAGA Action Settlement – March 2022, Settlement for $1,250,000 for warehouse distribution center workers for wage and hour violations.
- Insurance Bad Faith – August 2021, Settlement of $1,050,000 insurance bad faith action for wrongful denial of policy benefits.
- Medical Malpractice – August 2021, Settlement of $1,000,000 for failure to diagnose medical malpractice case.
- Wage and Hour Class Action – August 2021, Settlement for $1,950,000 for a class of truck drivers Plaintiffs alleged were not fully paid wages.
- Medical Malpractice – March 2021, Settlement for $1,500,000 for injuries caused by medical malpractice.
- Wage and Hour class action – February 2021, Settlement for $2,000,000 against Wells Fargo on behalf of Washington Mortgage Brokers for wage violations. https://www.law360.com/articles/1352954?utm_source=ios&utm_medium=ios&utm_campaign=ios-shared
- Wrongful Death Case – February 2021, $8,250,000 accident settlement for wrongful death.
- Wage and Hour Class Action for U.S. Bank Mortgage Brokers – September 2020, $6,500,000 settlement against U.S. Bank of class action for not paying its mortgage brokers for rest breaks and other nonproductive time wages.
- Wage and Hour Class Action for Bank of America Mortgage Brokers – November 2019, $23,500,000 settlement against Bank of America class action for not paying its mortgage brokers for rest breaks and other nonproductive time wages.
- Wrongful Death And Personal Injury Case – November 2019, $7,500,000 accident settlement for wrongful death and personal injury.
- Wrongful Death – August 2019, $1,000,000 settlement for wrongful death from truck accident.
- Insurance Bad Faith Action – August 2018, $3,000,000 settlement of insurance bad faith action for breach of the duty to defend and indemnify.
- Brain Injury Case – June 2018, $1,000,000 settlement for product liability that caused a brain injury.
- Rest Break Class Action – May 2018, $97,000,000 judgment against Wells Fargo in California class action for not paying its mortgage brokers for rest breaks.
Misclassification class action – April 2018, Settlement of $1,480,000 for a California class of truck drivers who were misclassified as independent contractors.
- Insurance Bad Faith And Punitive Damages Verdict Over $8,000,000
- Insurance Bad Faith Property Damage Settlement: Represented a builder for property damage to condominiums they were building because of an engineering error, which settled for $15,000,000.
- Insurance Bad Faith for Breach of Duty to Settle: Represented a man who severely beaten at bar, suffered brain damage, and obtained a judgment against the bar’s security company. When the insurance company refused to pay, a lawsuit was brought, and a $10 million settlement obtained from the insurance company.
- Medical Malpractice for Failure to Diagnosis: Represented a person who suffered brain injury after medical negligence at a hospital, settled in 2016 for $7,500,000.00.
- Insurance Bad Faith Disability Claim: Represented a truck driver who suffered disabling injury while working, and was denied policy benefits by the insurer who issued an occupational accident policy. Case settled against insurer in 2016 for $750,000.00.
- Class Action for Driver Misclassification: Represented port drivers for being misclassified as independent contractors instead of employees in class action, settlement approved by Court for $2,680,000.
- Class Action for Unfair Business Practices – Title Insurance: Represented a class of over a hundred thousand consumers against a title company in one of the few class actions that went to trial, verdict in 2014 for nearly $1,500,000.
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty Against Realtor: Represented purchaser of home against real estate broker for defects in home, settled for $1,250,000.
- Construction Defect Claim Against Engineers: Represented purchaser of home that was defective because it was built on improper soil and slope, settled for nearly $1,000,000.
- Lottery Fraud: Represented persons for a share of proceeds in lottery jackpots.
- Insurance Bad Faith Theft Claim: Represented an armored car security company that suffered a theft loss, and whose insurance company denied the claim and attempted to rescind the policy based on allegations the insured committed fraud, and securing a settlement over $1,500,000.
- Insurance Bad Faith Wildfire Claims: Represented a group of homeowners of suffered smoke damage from wildfire, settled for $10,000,000.
- Insurance Bad Faith Northridge Earthquake Claims: Represented numerous homeowners and condominium associations for property damage arising out of the 1994 Northridge earthquake, and assisted in obtaining recovery for clients in the aggregate of over $250,000,000.