Notable Case Results
Some of the representative insurance cases attorneys at Haffner Law PC have handled include:
- Wage and Hour Class Action – November 2022, Settlement for $2,300,000 for a class of retail department store for wage and hour violations.
- Wrongful Death Case – November 2022, $1,100,000 product liability wrongful death settlement.
- Wage and Hour Class Action – October 2022, Settlement for over $95,000,000 for mortgage loan officers for failure to pay rest breaks and other Labor Code violations.
- Wage and Hour Class Action – October 2022, Settlement for $3.500,000 for a class of mortgage loan officers alleging they were not fully paid wages.
- Personal Injury Case – May 2022, $2,250,000 judgment following arbitration award in personal injury case.
- Wrongful Death Case – May 2022, $5,500,000 accident settlement for wrongful death.
- PAGA Action Settlement – March 2022, Settlement for $1,250,000 for warehouse distribution center workers for wage and hour violations.
- Insurance Bad Faith – August 2021, Settlement of $1,050,000 insurance bad faith action for wrongful denial of policy benefits.
- Medical Malpractice – August 2021, Settlement of $1,000,000 for failure to diagnose medical malpractice case.
- Wage and Hour Class Action – August 2021, Settlement for $1,950,000 for a class of truck drivers Plaintiffs alleged were not fully paid wages.
- Medical Malpractice – March 2021, Settlement for $1,500,000 for injuries caused by medical malpractice.
- Wage and Hour class action – February 2021, Settlement for $2,000,000 against Wells Fargo on behalf of Washington Mortgage Brokers for wage violations. https://www.law360.com/articles/1352954?utm_source=ios&utm_medium=ios&utm_campaign=ios-shared
- Wrongful Death Case – February 2021, $8,250,000 accident settlement for wrongful death.
- Wage and Hour Class Action for U.S. Bank Mortgage Brokers – September 2020, $6,500,000 settlement against U.S. Bank of class action for not paying its mortgage brokers for rest breaks and other nonproductive time wages.
- Wage and Hour Class Action for Bank of America Mortgage Brokers – November 2019, $23,500,000 settlement against Bank of America class action for not paying its mortgage brokers for rest breaks and other nonproductive time wages.
- Wrongful Death And Personal Injury Case – November 2019, $7,500,000 accident settlement for wrongful death and personal injury.
- Wrongful Death – August 2019, $1,000,000 settlement for wrongful death from truck accident.
- Insurance Bad Faith Action – August 2018, $3,000,000 settlement of insurance bad faith action for breach of the duty to defend and indemnify.
- Brain Injury Case – June 2018, $1,000,000 settlement for product liability that caused a brain injury.
- Rest Break Class Action – May 2018, $97,000,000 judgment against Wells Fargo in California class action for not paying its mortgage brokers for rest breaks.
Misclassification class action – April 2018, Settlement of $1,480,000 for a California class of truck drivers who were misclassified as independent contractors.
- Insurance Bad Faith And Punitive Damages Verdict Over $8,000,000
- Insurance Bad Faith Property Damage Settlement: Represented a builder for property damage to condominiums they were building because of an engineering error, which settled for $15,000,000.
- Insurance Bad Faith for Breach of Duty to Settle: Represented a man who severely beaten at bar, suffered brain damage, and obtained a judgment against the bar’s security company. When the insurance company refused to pay, a lawsuit was brought, and a $10 million settlement obtained from the insurance company.
- Medical Malpractice for Failure to Diagnosis: Represented a person who suffered brain injury after medical negligence at a hospital, settled in 2016 for $7,500,000.00.
- Insurance Bad Faith Disability Claim: Represented a truck driver who suffered disabling injury while working, and was denied policy benefits by the insurer who issued an occupational accident policy. Case settled against insurer in 2016 for $750,000.00.
- Class Action for Driver Misclassification: Represented port drivers for being misclassified as independent contractors instead of employees in class action, settlement approved by Court for $2,680,000.
- Class Action for Unfair Business Practices – Title Insurance: Represented a class of over a hundred thousand consumers against a title company in one of the few class actions that went to trial, verdict in 2014 for nearly $1,500,000.
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty Against Realtor: Represented purchaser of home against real estate broker for defects in home, settled for $1,250,000.
- Construction Defect Claim Against Engineers: Represented purchaser of home that was defective because it was built on improper soil and slope, settled for nearly $1,000,000.
- Lottery Fraud: Represented persons for a share of proceeds in lottery jackpots.
- Insurance Bad Faith Theft Claim: Represented an armored car security company that suffered a theft loss, and whose insurance company denied the claim and attempted to rescind the policy based on allegations the insured committed fraud, and securing a settlement over $1,500,000.
- Insurance Bad Faith Wildfire Claims: Represented a group of homeowners of suffered smoke damage from wildfire, settled for $10,000,000.
- Insurance Bad Faith Northridge Earthquake Claims: Represented numerous homeowners and condominium associations for property damage arising out of the 1994 Northridge earthquake, and assisted in obtaining recovery for clients in the aggregate of over $250,000,000.
The cases referred to on this website were handled by Joshua Haffner at Haffner Law or his prior law firm.