Experienced. Aggressive. Reliable. We Fight for You.
- No Hidden Fees Involved
- No Obligation to Continue Beyond the Case Review
- Get All Your Legal Questions Answered
Notable Case Results
Class Action Mortgage Broker Rest Break
Brain Injury Settlement
Insurance Bad FaithSettlement
Mortgage Broker Rest Break Class Action
Brain Injury Settlement
Insurance Bad Faith Settlement
no fees until you get paid
Some of the representative insurance cases attorneys at Haffner Law PC have handled include:
- Personal Injury Case – November 2018, $600,000 settlement for client injured when he fell out tree while tree trimming.
- Insurance Bad Faith Action – August 2018, $3,000,000 settlement of insurance bad faith action for breach of the duty to defend and indemnify.
- Personal Injury Case – July 2018, $245,000 settlement for worker against third party for injury when he fell off ladder.
- Brain Injury Case – June 2018, $1,000,000 settlement for product liability that caused a brain injury.
- Rest Break Class Action – May 2018, $97,000,000 judgment against Wells Fargo in California class action for not paying its mortgage brokers for rest breaks.
Misclassification class action – April 2018, Settlement of $1,480,000 for a California class of truck drivers who were misclassified as independent contractors.
- Insurance Bad Faith Bad Faith And Punitive Damages Verdict: Represented a nearly 90 year old man whose home was demolished when a truck crashed into it, and the insurance company failed to pay full benefits, and interfered with his claim against the third parties responsible for the accident. The case went to trial and resulted in a finding of breach of contract, bad faith, and a multi-million dollar award for punitive damages. The case was also noteworthy because it was the first of its kind that included an award multiplying the punitive damages under California Civil Code 3345 for elder abuse. Joshua was a finalist for 2012 Consumer Attorneys of California, Trial Lawyer of the Year, for this case.
- Insurance Bad Faith Property Damage Settlement: Represented a builder for property damage to condominiums they were building because of an engineering error, which settled for $15,000,000.
- Insurance Bad Faith for Breach of Duty to Settle: Represented a man who severely beaten at bar, suffered brain damage, and obtained a judgment against the bar’s security company. When the insurance company refused to pay, a lawsuit was brought, and a $10 million settlement obtained from the insurance company.
- Medical Malpractice for Failure to Diagnosis: Represented a person who suffered brain injury after medical negligence at a hospital, settled in 2016 for $7,500,000.00.
- Insurance Bad Faith Disability Claim: Represented a truck driver who suffered disabling injury while working, and was denied policy benefits by the insurer who issued an occupational accident policy. Case settled against insurer in 2016 for $750,000.00.
- Class Action for Driver Misclassification: Represented port drivers for being misclassified as independent contractors instead of employees in class action, settlement approved by Court for $2,680,000.
- Class Action for Unfair Business Practices – Title Insurance: Represented a class of over a hundred thousand consumers against a title company in one of the few class actions that went to trial, verdict in 2014 for nearly $1,500,000.
- Car Accident Wrongful Death Claim: Represented children whose mother was killed in a motor vehicle accident, settled in 2016 for $815,000.
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty Against Realtor: Represented purchaser of home against real estate broker for defects in home, settled for $1,250,000.
- Construction Defect and Fraud Against Sellers of Home: Represented purchasers of a home in a construction defect and fraud case against the sellers for failing to disclose defects, settled for over $800,000.
- Car Accident Tire Defect Claim: Represented plaintiffs involved in a single car accident when tire came apart while driving and vehicle rolled, confidential settlement.
- Construction Defect Claim Against Engineers: Represented purchaser of home that was defective because it was built on improper soil and slope, settled for nearly $1,000,000.
- Lottery Fraud: Represented persons for a share of proceeds in lottery jackpots.
- Insurance Bad Faith Verdict: Represented a man over 80 years old in an underinsured motorist claim relating to a car accident, and obtaining a bad faith verdict where policy benefits had already been paid because the insurance company forced him to go through an arbitration, resulting in total recovery of nearly $750,000.
- Insurance Bad Faith Disability Claim: Represented a disabled man injured at work, who was sold a disability through his bank, and was denied coverage based on exclusions he never saw, and settling the case for over $500,000 while preserving his right to pursue worker’s compensation benefits.
- Car Accident Automobile Defect Claim: Represented a woman injured by a defective seatbelt when the vehicle she was a passenger in rear ended another vehicle, settlement for over $300,000.
- Insurance Bad Faith Theft Claim: Represented an armored car security company that suffered a theft loss, and whose insurance company denied the claim and attempted to rescind the policy based on allegations the insured committed fraud, and securing a settlement over $1,500,000.
- Insurance Bad Faith Wildfire Claims: Represented a group of homeowners of suffered smoke damage from wildfire, settled for $10,000,000.
- Insurance Bad Faith Northridge Earthquake Claims: Represented numerous homeowners and condominium associations for property damage arising out of the 1994 Northridge earthquake, and obtaining recovery for clients in the aggregate of over $250,000,000.