Experienced. Aggressive. Reliable. We Fight for You.
- No Hidden Fees Involved
- No Obligation to Continue Beyond the Case Review
- Get All Your Legal Questions Answered
Notable Case Results
Class Action Mortgage Broker Rest Break
Brain Injury Settlement
Insurance Bad FaithSettlement
Mortgage Broker Rest Break Class Action
Brain Injury Settlement
Insurance Bad Faith Settlement
no fees until you get paid
Los Angeles Premises Liability Lawyer
Hurt on someone else’s property? Find out how a Los Angeles premises liability attorney can help you.
When property owners don’t put enough care into their grounds to keep them safe, accidents can happen. What that often means is innocent visitors to commercial and residential properties are hurt through no fault of their own.
Victims of premises liability accidents often have to deal with severe injuries that can leave them unable to work and buried in debt. These victims need a way to pay for all the damagesthey’ve had to endure.
The attorneys at Haffner Law are here to help victims like you. We’ll help you with every step of your premises liability claim. The first step for you to take is to call a Los Angeles premises liability lawyer.
The Property Owner’s Responsibilities
In most cases, Los Angeles property owners are responsible for what happens on their properties, whether those properties are residential or commercial. Just as they are responsible for paying taxes, property owners are responsible for making sure their grounds are safe for use.
That means addressing any potential hazards, including structural defects, fire risks, slippery stairs, and many others. Failing to address such hazards can lead to an additional responsibility for property owners in Los Angeles: paying for the injuries that visitors to their property suffer.
Los Angeles Premises Liability Accidents
Almost any accident you suffer on someone else’s property can entitle you to compensation. The key is being able to prove that your injuries are the result of negligence on part of the owner of the property where you were injured. That’s something a Los Angeles dangerous property lawyer can help you with.
Identifying the type of Los Angeles premises liability accident you have suffered will enable your attorney to identify how the property owner was negligent. The following are some of the most common types of premises liability claims:
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents – Puddles and ice on sidewalks, wet floors in department stores, and objects left on the ground can all cause slip-and-fall accidents. Although they are relatively common, these types of accidents can cause severe injuries, including spine and head injuries. Usually, the property owner or manager will be responsible for any floor hazard that injures you.
- Dog Attacks –Dogs are the responsibility of their owners. If you were attacked by a dogwhile you were legally entitled to be on someone’s property, you can hold the dog owner accountable for your injuries—even if the dog had never displayed aggressive behavior before.
- Toxic Exposure –< Mold, asbestos, and lead paint are some of the most common property hazards that lead to Los Angeles premises liability claims. Property owners are tasked with making sure tenants and visitors are not threatened by health risks like these.
- Fire – Sometimes, fires break out and no one is truly to blame. But if a fire on someone else’s property, including property you are renting, was the result of careless electrical work or another preventable hazard, you might have a viable premises liability claim.
Winning You the Compensation You’re Owed
Toxic exposure can cause long-term health problems that require tens of thousands of dollars to treat. Dog bites can cause emotional trauma that lasts a lifetime. Falling and injuring your neck or spine can lead to paralysis.
Premises liability accidents in Los Angeles are serious, and you deserve serious compensation for all the hardships you’ve suffered. Below are some of the most common damages recoverable through premises liability claims:
- Healthcare expenses, including future bills
- Lost time at work or inability to return to work
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering>
- Wrongful death
Partner with a Los Angeles Premises Liability Attorney
In California, you have two years from the date of your accident to file your claim for compensation. That means gathering evidence, completing mountains of paperwork, and building a strong claim while you’re dealing with potentially serious injuries.
Allow a Los Angeles premises liability lawyer from Haffner Law to handle all of that for you. To start making your life easier as you pursue the compensation you’re owed, fill out the form below or call us at 1-844-HAFFNER (423-3637).