You’ve probably come across Uber or Lyft before if you’ve ever tried public transportation. Uber and Lyft are mobility service providers that allow people to book rides to anywhere via an app. While this might appear to be an incredible 21st-century comfort, it actually isn’t without dangers. After all, an Uber and Lyft continue to operate on public roads, making it susceptible to automobile collisions that can lead to catastrophic injury such as brain injury, spinal cord injury or wrongful death. If you figure into an accident while riding an Uber or Lyft, you should get legal advice from a Los Angeles Uber accident lawyer to determine if you have a strong personal injury case to make a claim.
Haffner Law: Top Los Angeles Uber Accident Attorney
Recovery of compensation after an Uber or Lyft accident in Los Angeles generally involves complicated legal procedures, large medical bills, multiple defendants, and different insurance claims. In the event of an Uber or Lyft accident, it is often advisable to consult a Los Angeles Uber Accident lawyer in order to maximize whatever financial compensation you may be entitled to receive. An experienced Los Angeles Uber accident lawyer at Haffner Law can help you with your Uber or Lyft accident case. Contact Haffner Law right now to schedule a FREE personal injury case review.
Why Do I Need a Los Angeles Uber Accident Lawyer?
Here are some reasons to hire a Los Angeles Uber Accident Attorney:
- They are objective and professional. Personal injuries and car accidents inflict a lot of emotional turmoil and pain. This trauma can make it hard for you to make objective decisions concerning your personal injury.
A Los Angeles Uber Accident Lawyer will file a personal injury claim on your behalf. They will also provide knowledge, competence, and experience to your case, allowing you to get the settlement you deserve.
- An Uber Accident Attorney is skilled in negotiating with an insurance company. Following an Uber or Lyft accident and the filing of a personal injury claim, the offending party’s insurance company handles these cases on a daily basis and may be quite convincing when negotiating for lower compensation. Dealing with an insurance company can be difficult, and they have tactics for convincing you to agree to their first offer.
This is why you need the help of a personal injury lawyer during this time. Hiring a Los Angeles accident lawyer after being injured, whether it be from a , ridesharing accident, motorcycle accident or car accident case, often results in higher compensation.
- They can assist you in getting medical attention. Adding your personal injury attorney’s phone number to your emergency contacts list helps ensure that they’re one of the first people contacted if anything bad happens to you. If these lawyers receive this call early enough, they might be able to assist you in getting treatment. The kind of care you get after an Uber or Lyft accident determines whether you will recover quickly or not.
If your attorney is knowledgeable about personal injury and medical malpractice, they also can ensure that you’re getting appropriate treatment. While you are recovering, your Uber or Lyft accident lawyer may be pursuing personal injury claims against whoever hit you or is responsible for your car accident injuries.
- They can offer you legal protection. Offending parties often challenge personal injury claims, prompting you to file a lawsuit. The opposing side will have a lawyer, and your lack of one will very certainly work against you. Having the help of a personal injury lawyer can help to level the playing field. A lawyer with a lot of experience will be able to represent you well in court. They will gather all of the evidence necessary to win your court case.
Call the law office of Haffner Law now to book a free case review with a Los Angeles Uber Accident Lawyer.
What is Uber?
Because of its innovative and successful business model, Uber is now a Fortune 500 company. Instead of employing drivers to run company-owned cars such as taxis, Uber offers an online transportation network (the Uber app) that connects local drivers and available passengers. Ridesharing services like Uber are provided by drivers using their own cars. These drivers are not Uber employees and are not using Uber-owned cars.
The system provides drivers with more freedom and lower costs than with conventional taxi services, while also protecting Uber from legal responsibility in the event of a car accident. This is not the case in conventional taxi accidents where vicarious liability principles impose liability on the negligent driver, vehicle owner, driver’s employer, and driver’s employer.
There have been a lot of concerns raised regarding Uber’s corporate responsibility when it first began operating. Is Uber liable if a drunk passenger in Los Angeles causes personal injury to an Uber driver? What if Uber hired an unsafe driver or connected customers with cars in poor condition? Details like these and the application of California’s Protect App-Based Drivers and Services Act (Cal. BPC 7448, et seq.) can make or break a personal injury lawsuit against a ridesharing company. In the event of an Uber or Lyft accident, only a select group of lawyers will have the unique experience in Uber cases to negotiate the highest possible settlement for their clients. Haffner Law is one of those lawyers.
Who is Liable in an Uber or Accident?
Most businesses are liable for their workers’ mistakes, but Uber is an exception. According to Uber, it doesn’t “employ” its rideshare drivers. Instead, Uber refers to its drivers as “independent contractors,” as the company’s website states. This difference limits Uber’s liability for car accidents caused by its rideshare drivers.
When another motorist is at fault in most car accidents, you usually pursue that driver for your injuries. That same law applies in many Uber accidents, and the rideshare driver is held to account rather than Uber. In select cases, Uber may have some liability for the accident. For instance, if Uber broke state law by employing the driver who injured you, you might sue the ridesharing business for your injuries.
Despite the fact that Uber is not liable for many accidents involving its rideshare drivers, the company has insurance coverage to help a major collision and accident victim. The degree of insurance coverage available in the event of an Uber accident is determined by the facts of the accident. For Uber’s insurance coverage to apply, the driver must be signed onto the smartphone application at the very least.
- If the rideshare driver was not connected to the app when the accident occurred, only the driver’s personal car insurance applies.
- If the Uber driver was waiting for a ride request when the accident happened, Uber covers property damage up to $30,000, and bodily injury up to $50,000 per person or $100,000 per incident.
- If the driver received a ride request and was traveling to pick up the passenger, or if a passenger was in the car, the commercial insurance coverage jumps to $1 million. When passengers ride in an Uber car, the company also offers $1 million in uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage.
Your Los Angeles Uber accident lawyer can advise you on how to file your personal injury claim and what type of coverage applies to your case.
How Long Before I File an Uber Accident Claim?
If you or a loved one suffered personal injury in an Uber or Lyft accident and feel you have a legal claim and are entitled to compensation, you must register your claim within a specific period of time referred to as the statute of limitations. In California, the statute of limitations for motor vehicle accident lawsuits is often two years. This means you have two years from the date of the accident to make a claim or pursue a lawsuit.
The statute of limitations varies depending on the circumstances. For instance, if you were at a minor age at the time of the Uber or Lyft accident, the timeline will most likely be stretched. Consult a Los Angeles Uber accident lawyer immediately to ensure you do not miss the deadline. Two years may seem to be a long time, however, the sooner you meet with a lawyer, the more likely it is that they will be able to gather all of the essential evidence. Most surveillance footage, whether from a dash cam, a shop, or a residence, disappears after a short period of time, usually 30 days. If you wait too long to contact a lawyer, you may lose out on critical evidence that might have been beneficial to your claim.
How Much is an Uber Accident Case Worth?
The value of an Uber and Lyft accident lawsuits is decided by a number of variables, including the amount of medical costs you presently owe or have incurred, whether the Uber driver was on his way to pick up someone if you were in the Uber vehicle during transit, or both. Your pain as a result of their negligence is also a factor.
Contact Haffner Law now for a free consultation to find out how much your case is worth.
Call our Los Angeles Uber Accident Lawyer Now!
Uber is a very novel means of transportation, yet there is no doubting the convenience it provides. However, being an Uber passenger or driver doesn’t shield you from danger, just like being in any car. You should be aware that if you are involved in an Uber or Lyft accident, you have the right to claim general or economic damages and compensation for your injuries. A Los Angeles Uber accident lawyer from Haffner Law is crucial since competing with a major firm in a new industry is nerve-racking. Our attorney can review your case, prepare effective arguments, negotiate claims, and defend you in court. Make an appointment with a Los Angeles Uber accident lawyer right away!