Experienced. Reliable. Capable. We Look Out for You.
- No Hidden Fees Involved
- No Obligation to Continue Beyond the Case Review
- Get All Your Legal Questions Answered
Notable Case Results
Class Action Mortgage Broker Rest Break
Wrongful Death/Personal Injury
Bank of AmericaMortgage Broker Wage Class Action
Brain Injury Settlement
Wrongful Death/Personal Injury
Bank of America Mortgage Broker Wage Class Action
no fees until you get paid
Los Angeles Wage and Hour Class Action Lawyer
When California employers violate employment laws, they can harm everyone who works for them. Workers have rights, and employment laws are meant to protect those rights. So where do you turn when your employer has ignored the rules meant to protect you?
You could turn to a Los Angeles wage and hour class action lawyer. An employment attorney with Haffner Law can help you file a class action suit against your employer to recover the compensation you deserve and make sure your rights are protected.
Unfortunately, violations of rules involving wages and work hours are common. If you’re a victim of such a violation by your Los Angeles employer, get in touch with us today.
Types of Class Action Wage and Hour Suits
Far too many Los Angeles employers violate federal and state rules on wages and hours without anyone holding them accountable. If you have been a victim of any of the following situations, your wage and hour class action lawyer may be able to help you file a lawsuit:
- Minimum Wage Violations –California has a higher minimum wage than most states, and it’s only going to increase over the next few years. Also, some counties and cities have individual minimum wage rules. Employers must pay the applicable federal, state, or municipal minimum wage that is highest. When they don’t, you and your colleagues may be able to file a class action suit.
- Overtime Pay Problems – You’ve probably heard of the forty-hours-a-week rule that applies almost everywhere, but California takes it a step further by mandating that most employees cannot be made to work for more than eight hours each day without overtime pay. Working more than eight hours in a day means time-and-a-half pay, and once you hit twelve, you’re likely entitled to double pay. Any violation of this rule is a violation of your rights under California law.
- Working off the Clock – Los Angeles employers who force non-exempt employees to work off the clock are violating the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). FLSA violations often spark wage and hour class action suits.
- No Breaks – California workers are entitled to more generous breaks than workers in many other states. You should get a meal break of at least thirty minutes after five hours of work. Other rules apply, and all violations on a Los Angeles employer’s part should be addressed.
When multiple employees get involved in a class action wage and hour suit, the awards can easily top millions of dollars. Your Los Angeles hour and wage class action lawyer is here to make sure you’re fairly compensated for everything your employer has withheld from you.
The type of compensation you’re awarded will depend on how your employer wronged you and your coworkers, but wage and hour suits in California often win back pay for overtime, improper wages, and off-the-clock hours.
In addition to financial compensation, these types of lawsuits often require employers to make official policy changes to ensure the violations don’t happen again.
Contact a Los Angeles Wage and Hour Class Action Attorney
Multimillion-dollar suits against employers are not uncommon in California. Sometimes, employers will settle these cases for a fair amount the moment a lawyer gets involved because going to court could end up costing them a lot more in a jury award.
If you’ve been wronged by your employer, don’t let this violation go unpunished. Call Haffner Law at 1-844-HAFFNER (423-3637) or fill out the form below to schedule a consultation with a Los Angeles wage and hour class action lawyer.