Los Angeles Work Injury Lawyer
If you need help winning the compensation you need after a work injury has impacted your income, contact a Los Angeles work accident lawyer at Haffner Law.
When you’re injured performing your duties at work, you expect that you’ll be covered under California’s mandatory workers compensation laws. But what happens when the negligence of another has caused injuries so severe that the maximum you are able to receive under workers comp doesn’t cover your losses<?
Under these circumstances, working with a qualified Los Angeles work injury lawyer at Haffner Law may be the answer for you. Work injuries shouldn’t put the economic survival of your family in jeopardy. Together, we will work to ensure that the negligent party pays for your work injury damages.
Can I File a Personal Injury Claim for My Work Accident?
Your case must meet certain criteria for you to collect compensation through a personal injury claim. While workers compensation benefits are available to anyone in California who is injured while on the job, it doesn’t matter whose fault the injury-inducing accident was.<
In personal injury claims for work injuries, this is a crucial difference. The blame for the accident must fall, at least partially, on another party for you to be able to recover compensation. If you played a role in the cause of the incident, you may still be eligible for monetary relief, but it will be reduced by the amount of fault you carry, thanks to California’s comparative negligence laws.
Keep in mind that, in most cases, you won’t be able to sue your employer directly, unless he or she acted egregiously to cause your injuries. You can, however, file a personal injury claim against the manufacturer of a product that harmed you at work or a third party other than your employer who contributed to your Los Angeles work injury.
The negligent party is more than likely going to object to your claim, in which case we will have already prepared a compelling case. Using your diagnosis, collecting witness statements to corroborate your version of the events, and meticulously examining the evidence at hand will be powerful tools in winning your case.
Full Compensation for Your Los Angeles Workplace Injuries
The benefits you can receive from workers comp are limited. Generally speaking, they will only cover a portion of your weekly income. The amount of time for which you will be able to collect is also limited, despite the severity of your injuries. In addition, workers comp will cover the medical expenses incurred from your injuries but will not account for non-economic damages like pain and suffering.
These limitations cause many Los Angeles work injury victims to seek compensation through a personal injury claim. The damages you will be able to account for in your personal injury claim could include the following:
- Lost Wages –This should include the full extent of the wages you won’t be able to earn because you’re recovering from your workplace injury.
- Loss of Future Earning Potential – You deserve to be compensated for the future income you’ll miss out on because of your Los Angeles on-the-job injury.
- Medical Bills – Hospital bills, surgeries, medications, follow-up care, physical therapy, and more should be included.
- Pain and Suffering – A good example of this damage could be if you ended up with a chronic pain condition that wasn’t readily treatable and you were regularly in pain.
- Mental Anguish – The emotional trauma of an accident can have a significant impact on your life and result in chronic anxiety or post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life – Losses here would apply if you are no longer able to participate in activities you had a passion for—golfing, for example—due to the loss of a limb or another circumstance.
- Loss of Consortium – These damages are specifically geared toward the way your relationship with your family is affected. An example could be if your injuries have left you depressed and unable to enjoy the companionship of your family.<
The value of each of the aforementioned damages will depend the extent of your injuries. The greater the influence each of these damages has on your life, the more your Los Angeles work injury claim should be worth.
Turn to a Los Angeles Work Injury Attorney
Injuries you sustain at work should never leave you in a dire financial situation. If your workers compensation benefits just aren’t going to cover your losses, contact an attorney at who can work tirelessly to file a personal injury claim on your behalf and obtain the compensation you deserve.
If you are ready to schedule your no-cost consultation with a Los Angeles work injury lawyer, fill out the contact form we have provided below or give us a call at 1-844-HAFFNER (423-3637).