No matter what kind of insurance you have, if you’ve been paying your premiums, you deserve coverage. An El Monte insurance attorney can make sure you’re treated fairly.
Sometimes, signed contracts and a sense of doing what’s right aren’t enough for insurance companies to hold up their end of the bargain when it comes to fulfilling a legitimate claim. We know very well that our dollars toward coverage are neither charitable nor tax-deductible, so it’s unethical for an insurer to deny us rightful compensation when we are at our most vulnerable.
Fortunately, policyholders whose fair and reasonable claims have been denied, whether they happen to hold an auto, homeowner, life, or other insurance, are eligible to recover the compensation they have been deprived of through a lawsuit.
To settle the score, contact an El Monte insurance lawyer at Haffner Law as soon as you can.
Examples of Denied Insurance Claims in El Monte
If you’ve been the victim of a denied insurance claim in El Monte, you certainly aren’t alone. The unfortunate truth is that insurance companies have to respond to their shareholders at the end of the day, leaving policyholders to be regarded as second-class citizens.
While nearly every type of insurance sees its fair share of wrongfully denied claims, here are some of the insurance types that see claim denials most frequently:
- Property Damage – This type of coverage is meant to provide relief for not only losses related to traditional real estate, but any personal possessions that might have been damaged. A car, for instance, that was wrecked in a crash could be considered a form of “property” under California law.
- Fire Damage – A fire can kill within two minutes and engulf an entire residence within five minutes, highlighting how critical it is for your fire insurance policy to follow through when you need it to.
- Flood and Water Damage – When your neighborhood is flooded, making sure your prized possessions are safe should be of secondary importance to your health. But an insurance policy that you can’t rely on when you most need it can lead you to make irrational decisions in times of crisis.
- Theft – Home and street robberies alike can be protected against under theft insurance. Not being compensated for eligible losses can feel like theft in itself.
- Life – In the event of a covered death, a life insurance company is obligated to compensate the policy’s designated beneficiary. Deciding against doing so without reasonable justification is grounds for legal action.
- Business – If your business’ operations have been disrupted, your claim should, at the very least, be fully acknowledged and considered by your insurer.
Why Your Claim May Be Denied and What You Can Do About It
Insurance claims in El Monte can be denied for any number of reasons, including the following:
- Technical errors related to the submission of your claim form
- Misappraisal of property damage
- Ambiguity or uncertainty over the merits of your claim
- Lack of sufficient evidence for your claim
You only have so much control over how an insurer interprets your request for compensation, meaning that you may end up having to take your claim to court.
An El Monte insurance claim lawyer can help you not only file a strong claim from the outset, but also help you get additional damages in court, should the insurer be determined to have been acting in bad faith .
Call an El Monte Insurance Attorney
Making an insurance claim is a messy enough ordeal that doesn’t need to be further complicated by greedy and ruthless insurers. While there’s little recourse for poor customer service, victims of insurance claim denials in California may be eligible for compensation, allowing them the means to recover in a speedy and proper fashion.<
For more information on the relief that may be on the horizon, contact an El Monte insurance lawyer at Haffner Law today. Call us at 1-844-HAFFNER (423-3637) or enter your information into the form below to schedule a free, no-pressure consultation.