Long Beach Motorcycle Accident LawyerA motorcycle accident can leave your health and your financial future up in the air. Fight for the compensation you deserve by teaming up with a Long Beach motorcycle accident lawyer. Unfortunately for motorcycle riders, the likelihood of serious injuries in a motorcycle crash is higher than that of almost any type of accident involving a four-wheeled vehicle. Making matters worse is the fact that many motorcycle accidents are the result of careless drivers in cars and trucks. Being hurt in a motorcycle accident that wasn’t your fault is stressful enough, but then you have to stay in the hospital and away from work and home while doctors pile medical bills on you and insurance adjusters call you relentlessly to try to trick you into accepting a lowball settlement offer. But you don’t have to deal with all of this on your own. By calling a Long Beach motorcycle accident lawyer at Haffner Law, you can shift some of the load to us so you can get back to the business of recovering. We will investigate your claim to determine who was at fault and fight for the compensation you’re entitled to.
Why do I need a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in California?Injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident can have a negative impact on your life in a variety of ways. Recovering from an accident can be difficult, time-consuming, and frustrating. After an accident, insurance companies rarely provide motorcyclists with the compensation they deserve. This is one of the most important reasons you should hire Haffner Law, a motorcycle accident law office in Long Beach, California. Our motorcycle crash law firm will take on several different responsibilities to represent you effectively, such as
COLLECT EVIDENCE OF LIABILITYTo get reasonable compensation for a motorcycle accident, you must prove another party’s negligence or criminality (usually the driver of a motor vehicle). When you employ our Long Beach motorcycle accident lawyer, we will compile all relevant evidence to build a strong case.
DETERMINE WHO IS AT FAULTOur personal injury lawyer can determine what caused the motorcycle accident and who is to blame based on the evidence. Even if it appears that a negligent driver is to blame, filing a claim under the negligent driver’s auto insurance policy is not your only option. You may have claims against one or more other parties depending on the circumstances.
UNDERSTAND YOUR MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT INJURIESAfter a motorcycle accident. It is crucial to get medical help. Motorcycle accident injuries are usually severe. Along with seeking urgent care, you must document your injuries. A personal injury attorney will analyze your medical records and contact medical specialists to evaluate the long-term consequences of your injuries, including limits, continuous care, and more. Documentary proof and expert testimony are needed to account for the motorbike accident’s impact fully.
CALCULATE YOUR IMMEDIATE AND LONG-TERM COSTSDamages in a motorcycle accident claim include the costs you have incurred at present and any future expenses you are expected to face. A Long Beach motorcycle accident attorney can calculate the full compensation you are entitled to for economic losses such as medical expenses, lost wages, and other expenses.
VALUE YOUR PAIN AND SUFFERINGRecoverable damages in a motorcycle accident are not limited to monetary losses. You may also be eligible for compensation for your pain and suffering due to the motorcycle accident. These noneconomic damages are difficult to calculate on your own, which is why you should contact a motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible.
FILE A CLAIM (OR CLAIMS) ON YOUR BEHALFTo recover compensation for a motorcycle accident, you may not need to sue. A motorcycle accident law firm in Long Beach, CA, can file a claim or claims on your behalf against all liable parties and their insurance companies.
NEGOTIATE FAIR SETTLEMENTMany motorcycle accident claims are settled out of court. Your personal injury lawyer can attempt to negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf after calculating your losses. If you try to settle the case on your own, you will be at a significant disadvantage. It is in your best interests to hire a motorcycle accident lawyer who can use their experience to counter the insurance companies’ defense tactics and demonstrate that settlement is in the best interests of all parties.
HELP YOU DECIDE WHEN TO SETTLEIf you receive a settlement offer, you must make an educated decision about whether or not to accept it. Your lawyer can assist you in making this decision based on the value of the settlement offer, your long-term needs, and the likelihood that you will receive more if you go to court.
FILE A LAWSUITIf accepting a settlement offer is not in your best interests, you may need to file a lawsuit and, eventually, go to court. In this case, you will require the assistance of an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer who is familiar with California personal injury law and the facts surrounding your case to prepare your case for trial.
REPRESENT YOU IN COURTYour motorcycle accident claim can be settled at any time before or during the trial. However, having a Long Beach motorcycle accident lawyer with trial experience who can represent you in court as needed to maximize your award is critical.
Major Causes of Motorcycle CrashesBut you don’t have to deal with all of this on your own. By calling a Long Beach motorcycle accident lawyer at Haffner Law, you can shift some of the load to us so you can get back to the business of recovering. We will investigate your claim to determine who was at fault and fight for the compensation you’re entitled to. They often tailgate you, cut you off, or just plain ignore you just because you’re smaller than other vehicles. This mentality is extremely dangerous to your safety. The following are some common problems related to wrecks involving motorcycles: The following are some of the most common factors that lead to motorcycle accidents in Long Beach:
- Careless and Reckless Drivers – Not paying attention on the road is dangerous for everyone but even more so for motorcyclists. You are difficult to see, so if a driver isn’t focused, he or she could hurt you unintentionally.
- Gravel on the Road – This is a danger that only motorcyclists have to deal with. It lessens the grip your tires have on the road. If the entity responsible for maintaining your roadway wasn’t doing its job and left too much gravel, you could recover damages for your crash.
- Improper Lane Changes and Failure to Signal – Especially dangerous for motorcyclists is the vehicle that cuts you off or fails to let you know it is turning or changing lanes. For a motorcycle rider, braking too fast is dangerous.
- Lane Splitting – This is the practice of riding your motorcycle between cars in stopped or slowed traffic. This is generally thought to be safe in California, where it’s legal, but motorcyclists have been injured due to opening car doors.
- Drunk Drivers – Drinking and driving is never safe for anyone on the road, but it’s even more dangerous for motorcyclists. Motorcyclists are tough to see as it is, and an intoxicated driver will likely not notice you.
Insurance Companies Treat Motorcyclists UnfairlyHave you ever met an insurance adjuster who was eager to pay you what you deserve? Neither have we. Getting the maximum compensation you’re owed is always a battle. Insurance companies know that in California, placing the blame on you could lower your claim. If the court finds that you were even partially responsible for your accident, you could receive a lower payout. That’s why insurance companies will sometimes try to trick you into admitting fault. They will ask you detailed questions designed to trick you. You can avoid this by having your Long Beach motorcycle crash attorney handle the insurer for you. Another tactic insurance companies like to employ is depicting motorcyclists as reckless and dangerous. They try to use the stereotype of motorcyclists as thrill-seekers so they can saddle you with some of the blame. Don’t let them get away with unfairly labeling you. Getting healthy should be your primary concern, not arguing with insurance companies about whether you were driving safely. Your Long Beach motorcycle accident injury lawyer will investigate the accident to prove who was truly at fault. We will gather evidence to show that you were not to blame and get you the most favorable outcome possible.
Negligence and Motorcycle AccidentsA motorist who is driving negligently can easily cause a collision with another motorcycle, other moving vehicles, and pedestrians. If motorists are distracted, they may not notice other vehicles in their side-view mirrors. Trying to predict the direction and actions of motorcycle drivers is pointless. Motorcyclists who are not skilled at riding their motorcycles can cause accidents due to poor technical driving too. You may file a lawsuit against the individual responsible for your crash. However, filing a lawsuit against them is merely the first step in the process. You must demonstrate that the other driver was negligent and that this negligence caused your collision and your damages. To prove negligence, you and your Long Beach motorcycle accident lawyer will need to establish four important aspects.
- You need to demonstrate that the defendant owed you a “duty of care.” That means the other driver owed you and other motorists an obligation to drive safely and reasonably.
- Then, you must demonstrate that the defendant breached this responsibility by either neglecting to take action or taking action.
- You must then demonstrate that the violation caused your accident.
- Lastly, you must establish that you have sustained damages as a result of your accident.
Compensation for Your Long Beach Motorcycle CrashWhen your Long Beach motorcycle accident injuries are catastrophic, the medical bills can pile up quickly. You might undergo numerous surgeries, require physical therapy, and be paying for prescriptions and more. Add to your medical bills all the pain you are suffering, the fact that you can’t go back to work to earn money, and the mental strain of it all, and you’ve got a recipe for a total upheaval of your daily life. If you are determined to get back to life, you will need fair compensation to move forward. Your motorcycle wreck lawyer will help you get the maximum compensation you need to put this whole motorcycle accident behind you. Here are some of the items we could list in your claim, depending on your particular situation:
- Medical Expenses – Doctor bills, physical therapy, prescriptions
- Pain and Suffering – The mental distress and trauma of the experience
- Lost Wages and Future Income – Any missed work and compensation if you are unable to return to work due to your personal injuries
- Mental Health Treatment – The cost of mental health services you need to get you feeling better again
- Lost or Damaged Property – The cost to repair or replace your motorcycle
- Wrongful Death – If the accident took the life of one of your loved ones
- Punitive Damages – A judge can award punitive damages if it is proven that the defendant intentionally inflicted injury or harm on the plaintiff, or showed reckless disregard for the plaintiff’s safety and rights.
Dealing with Serious Motorcycle Crash InjuriesA motorcycle rider does not have the luxury of depending on airbags during a collision. When riders are involved in accidents, they frequently result in catastrophic injuries. Most common motorcycle accident injuries include
- Serious brain injury
- Bone fractures and broken bones
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck injury
- Organ damage or internal bleeding
- Amputations and lost limbs
- Scrapes and bruises
- Torn muscles and ligaments
- Head injury
What to Do After a Long Beach Motorcycle Accident?After your accident, you may experience a rush of adrenaline, and be in a state of shock. You may find everything blurry and overwhelming. But here are the steps you can take that may be beneficial for your claim.
- Think of your safety first. Get yourself as far away from danger as possible. Even if you don’t feel like you have an injury right now, seek medical attention.
- Call the authorities. Your police report will be extremely valuable in your personal injury case.
- Obtain the other driver’s contact information. Anyone involved in the accident should provide you with their name, phone number, license number, address, insurance information, and vehicle description.
- Take pictures of the scene. If you are able, photograph your injuries as well as the scene of your accident.
- Get the witnesses’ contact details. Anyone on the scene who can help you prove your claim will be necessary to strengthen your case.
- You must not admit fault. There’s no reason for you to accept responsibility for the accident, especially in front of insurance companies.
- You should seek legal representation from a Long Beach motorcycle accident lawyer. We can assist you at every stage of the process.