Did You Get Injured During Childbirth?
Giving birth to a child is a glorious, celebratory moment for every mother. There is nothing that compares to the joy of having to hold their child for the first time. But sometimes, negligence results in birth injuries. If this is your case, you would need the help of a birth injury medical malpractice attorney in Los Angeles, CA.
Birth injuries are usually serious and can affect the child for years to come, especially since the mother and child are vulnerable in childbirth. If you and your child have been victims of a healthcare provider’s negligence, know that a Los Angeles, CA lawyer can help you get compensated.
Experienced Birth Injury Medical Malpractice Attorney from Los Angeles, CA
A mother and her baby are particularly vulnerable during pregnancy and at birth. That is why pregnant women trust medical professionals, such as obstetricians, anesthesiologists, and nurses, to take care of them during this sensitive time. In spite of this, physicians can become negligent, which results in injuries to mothers and newborns.
If you choose to pursue a lawsuit against your physician, our Los Angeles medical malpractice lawyer at Haffner Law can help you throughout the process. With our extensive legal experience in fighting for and representing medical malpractice victims, we can help you find a successful resolution and get the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Why Do I Need a Los Angeles Birth Injury Medical Malpractice Attorney?
If you and your child have been injured before, during, or after the birthing process, it is best to talk to our Los Angeles medical malpractice attorney at Haffner Law. There are numerous ways our attorney can help you get through this problem, including:
- Two Decades of Legal Experience. Our Los Angeles law firm’s medical malpractice attorney has been in practice for twenty years, making us a trusted legal firm when it comes to birth injuries.
- Hands-On Assistance. You won’t have to worry about our attorney passing you on to other legal associates. Our Los Angeles birth injury medical malpractice attorney will deal with your case himself and help you every step of the way.
- Free Consultations with No Obligations. Don’t hesitate to reach out to Haffner Law with concerns involving medical malpractice and other personal injury cases. If money is a great hurdle in your legal struggle, know that our lawyer offers free case reviews to help you get started on your road to recovery.
Trust only our Los Angeles, CA medical malpractice lawyer at Haffner Law. Our attorney will help you every step of the way in your birth injury case and make sure that you get the compensation and justice you deserve. Our attorney also provides services in other practices in areas like car accidents and workplace injuries. Talk to our attorney right now!
What is Birth Injury in Medical Malpractice?
Preventable injuries to mothers and their newborns occur during childbirth every year. These preventable injuries result from medical negligence or the failure to follow the standard of care or the outright deviation from the standard of care during childbirth.
A few of the most common categories of birth-related negligence or malpractice include:
- Surgical Errors
- Prescription and Medication Errors
- Nursing Errors
If you and your child have been victims of medical malpractice brought about by the negligence of a healthcare provider, seek help from a Los Angeles, CA birth injury medical malpractice attorney from Haffner Law to help with your case.
What are the Types of Birth Injuries?
Despite the negligence of a nurse or doctor, you or your baby may recover from injuries and live normally. However, in some cases, the injuries you sustain are so severe that they result in lifelong medical and even cognitive problems. This leads to your family incurring substantial medical and financial needs.
Birth Injuries to Mothers
Some of the most common birth injuries for an expecting mother resulting from a medical practitioner’s negligence include:
- Anesthesia-related injuries
- Injuries from failure to diagnose or treat preeclampsia
- Injuries from incorrect suturing after an episiotomy or Caesarian section
- Wrongful death
Birth Injuries to Newborns
Similarly, vulnerable newborns are at risk of sustaining injuries when they are being delivered if the assigned doctor is negligent. Some of the birth-related injuries that can befall a newborn include:
- Brain damage or mental retardation
- Cerebral palsy
- Developmental delays
- Wrongful death
Each birth-related medical claim in Los Angeles comes with its own regulations regarding who can sue and what damages are covered. Additionally, birth-related medical malpractice claims aren’t limited to the examples stated above. If you or your newborn sustained any type of injury that resulted from negligence or substandard medical care, consult with our medical malpractice attorneys so we can help you organize and file a complaint.
How Do Birth Injuries and Lawsuits Work?
If you choose to file a lawsuit regarding birth-related injuries, immediately contact our law office, Haffner Law. We are an experienced Los Angeles medical malpractice law firm. We will gather all the details of your case to determine if you, your newborn, or both of you were victims of medical malpractice.
Every birth-related medical malpractice case is different, but the following are the general steps involved in filing a claim:
- Information-gathering/Investigating the claim
- Filing a claim against the medical practitioner/s who committed negligence or malpractice
- Obtaining evidence to support the case
- Resolution outside the court through settlement, if possible
- Court trial if the settlement was not achieved
- Verdict and reward
Whether your case goes to trial or you choose to accept a settlement, our medical malpractice lawyers can help you. We are experienced in settlement negotiations and, if you choose not to settle, we understand the legal actions you need to take. Either way, we work to give you and your child the best compensation you deserve.
How Much is My Birth Injury Case Worth?
The following are the factors taken into consideration to determine how much compensation you can receive:
- The cost of your or your child’s medical bills related to the injury as a result of negligence or malpractice
- How much income you have lost as a result of the injury you sustained
- If the injury that you or your newborn child sustained is permanent or will require lifelong care
- If the child was disfigured as a result of the negligence or malpractice
If you and/or your child were proven injured during your pregnancy or delivery because of a medical professional’s negligence, you may be entitled to the following compensations:
- Your current and future medical expenses related to treating the injury
- Long-term care expenses if the injury is permanent or requires lifelong care
- Loss of earning potential when you cannot work due to injuries. This may also apply to your child if the injuries are serious enough to impact the rest of his or her life.
- Compensation for pain and suffering. Like the loss of earning potential, this may apply separately to your child, depending on the circumstances of your case.
If you have been a victim of any injuries during childbirth or if your child has sustained life-altering birth injuries, know that you can always call our Los Angeles, CA birth injury medical malpractice lawyer who can help you handle your case.
What is The Importance of Filing Birth-Related Medical Malpractice Claims?
The process of filing for medical malpractice claims can be lengthy, but that is what experienced lawyers from Haffner Law are here for. We are here to help you because you should not have to suffer physically, emotionally, and financially from the mistakes of medical professionals with whom you placed your trust.
Apart from that, medical malpractice claims are essential for discovering what went wrong in a labor procedure. By determining the cause of negligence, like physicians routinely injuring newborns or performing negligent actions, it is possible to prevent such instances from happening to others. As a result, birth-related medical malpractice claims help maintain high standards of care within the medical community.
Don’t go through the process of personal injury or medical malpractice alone. Touch base with our Los Angeles birth injury lawyer at Haffner Law who can help you get to the bottom of your case and get the compensation you deserve.
Call our Los Angeles Birth Injury Medical Malpractice Attorney Now!
Giving birth to a child is a joyous occasion for parents. Seeing your child experience the world for the first time is a feeling unlike any other. Of course, there is always the possibility that things could go wrong, and when they do, it can leave the mother or child with injuries severe enough to affect them for a lifetime.
If you and your child have been injured during childbirth in the hands of a negligent healthcare provider, turn to our Los Angeles birth injury medical malpractice lawyer who can fight for you and ensure that justice is served for you and your child.
Don’t wait too long to get the compensation you deserve. Talk to our Los Angeles birth injury lawyer right now.