Los Angeles Defective Drug Lawyer
When a doctor prescribes you a medication, you trust that medication to be safe and effective. When that trust is broken, you deserve compensation. Call a Los Angeles defective drug attorney.
Medications have the power to save lives. In tiny pills, modern medicine can pack powerful anti-cancer chemicals and substances that can keep chronic pain at bay. But for all the lifesaving benefits of pharmaceutical drugs, there are risks involved.
These risks become particularly grave when medication manufacturers and others fail in their responsibility to put patients’ safety first. Unfortunately, this is not an uncommon event in Los Angeles or anywhere else.
But victims of dangerous and defective drugs can fight back to get the compensation they need to recover from their injuries. They can do so by filing a personal injury claim. Filing a claim is likely to put you up against massive pharmaceutical companies and their lawyers, so to get the compensation you’re owed, you might need some legal help of your own. Look no further than a Los Angeles defective drug lawyer at Haffner Law.
Is the Drug Dangerous?
Drugs can be defective or dangerous in numerous ways. Each of those ways poses unique harms to unsuspecting patients, and each implicates various potentially negligent parties.
The following are some common examples of how medications can harm victims like you:
- Lack of Regulation – Herbal supplementsare not regulated like medications. The US Food and Drug Administration may test herbal supplements, but they don’t have to be approved before being put on the market. If an over-the-counter drug contained hidden, harmful ingredients or otherwise harmed you, you might be able to recover damages from the manufacturer.
- Unadvertised Side Effects – The list of possible side effects for most medications is usually a mouthful, but sometimes even these lengthy lists don’t cover everything the medication can do to you. If a drugmaker knew of a side effect but didn’t warn about it, the company might be liable for resulting injuries.
- Improper Ingredients – Sometimes, medications contain ingredients that aren’t advertised. If a hidden ingredient harms you, you might be able to hold the manufacturer or pharmaceutical company financially accountable.
- Incorrect Labeling – Medications occasionally make it to pharmacy shelves with incorrect or incomplete information on their labels. This can lead to dosing errors that poison you or allow your condition to worsen. Label errors are usually the fault of the marketer or manufacturer of the medication in question.
- Recalled Drugs or Improper Doses – You might be able to pursue compensation from a Los Angeles pharmacy or healthcare provider if you are prescribed a recalled medication or given a dose that doesn’t conform to healthcare standards and are harmed as a result.
Compensation for Everything You’ve Suffered
The harm defective medications can cause can vary widely, including everything from chronic pain to disability and death. No matter how minor or severe your damages are, you deserve compensation that accounts for all the harm you’ve suffered.
Depending on the nature of your situation, a Los Angeles defective medication attorney may be able to recover the following damages for you:
- Medical bills for additional harm the drug caused
- Lost wages while you recover
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
Talk to a Los Angeles Defective Drug Attorney
For help fighting back after you’ve been hurt by a medication, get in touch with Haffner Law. A Los Angeles defective drug lawyer will be happy to meet with you to discuss your case. Call us at 1-844-HAFFNER (423-3637) or fill out the form below to get started.