Los Angeles Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
The abuse of an elderly loved one shouldn’t go unpunished. A Los Angeles nursing home abuse attorney can hold the abusers financially accountable for what they’ve done.
When you put a loved one in a nursing home, you likely do so with the intention of providing him or her with the highest quality care and compassion. And while, in most cases, this will be exactly what the elderly person receives, there are some tragic instances where this is not the outcome.
If your loved one has suffered abuse while living in a nursing home, you might be wondering what you can do to find justice. Our team at Haffner Law is here to tell you that you have the right to file a lawsuit against the abusive or neglectful parties for their heinous actions.
With the help of a Los Angeles nursing home abuse lawyer, you may be able to secure compensation for what your elderly loved one has been through.
Examples of Nursing Home Abuse
In some cases, determining exactly how your loved one was neglected or abusedwill be easy. In other cases, it may not be as obvious. Your nursing home abuse lawyer in Los Angeles will work with you to pinpoint exactly how your loved one was harmed so you are able to build the strongest claim possible.
Some examples of nursing home neglect and abuse seen in Los Angeles include the following:
- Physically harming the elderly person by pushing, slapping, punching, or otherwise hurting him or her
- Refusing to let the elderly person bathe, eat, or brush his or her teeth
- Isolating or publicly humiliating the elderly person
- Failing to satisfy the victim’s medical care requirements
- Emotionally traumatizing the victim, such as yelling at, bullying, or belittling him or her
- Sexual abuse
Signs That You Need a Lawyer
When it comes to filing a Los Angeles elder abuse claim, time is critically important. It’s crucial to be on the lookout for warning signs that an issue is present so you can compile the evidence and bring it to your lawyer, who will use it to build you a bulletproof claim.
Some symptomsof Los Angeles nursing home abuse and neglect include the following:
- Extreme and sudden weight loss
- Bruises, scarring, or cuts
- Drastic changes in mood or personality
- Significant changes in personal hygiene
- The development of bed sores or ulcers
- Being diagnosed with sexually transmitted diseases
- Finding your loved one’s living situation to be abnormally dirty or messy
As soon as you notice these warning signs, it’s crucial to contact law enforcement right away and bring your case to an attorney. Doing so will help you keep your loved one safe and give you a good chance of securing compensation for what your loved one has been through.
Speak with a Los Angeles Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
If you believe your elderly loved one has suffered from nursing home neglect or abuse, the experienced team at Haffner Law is here to help make things right. Get in touch with us today to begin filing a claim for compensation.
To schedule a no-cost, no-obligation consultation with a Los Angeles nursing home abuse lawyer, give us a call at 1-844-HAFFNER (423-3637) or fill out the online contact form at the bottom of the page.