It’s not easy to deal with an insurance claim denial, but a Palmdale insurance attorney can make it a lot easier to get your claim approved.
Any company that fulfills its promises tends to garner respect, but many insurers don’t seem to care too much about reputation. Thousands of dollars and years of being a customer often go out the window when faithful policyholders file claims.
After all, no one pays premiums to insurance companies without expecting anything in return; in your most dire moment, you need insurers to provide financial security and assurance that your claim will be thoroughly considered and respected.
If you’re having issues with an unfairly denied auto claim, homeowners claim, or anything in between, you should never let a greedy insurance company get the best of you. To get a clearer sense of your legal options, contact a Palmdale insurance lawyer at Haffner Law today.
Examples of Denied Insurance Claims
Loyalty seems to matter little to insurers when they have to pay out claims—it’s accurate to say insurance companies often feel much more indebted to their shareholders than their policyholders.
Although nearly any type of insurance claim can be denied, below are a few examples of common types of denied insurance claims in Palmdale:
- Property Damage – This category of claim covers not only traditional real estate, but any personal property of yours that might have been destroyed. A car crash, for example, would fit the bill for property damage.
- Fire Damage – Fire damage can happen in the blink of the eye, which reinforces how important it is to be protected in the event of a blaze. When you don’t have anywhere left to go, it becomes more critical than ever for your insurance company to follow through.
- Flood and Water Damage – In the case of a flood, your own physical safety should take precedence over salvaging any personal items. If you have flood insurance, it’s reasonable to expect that your insurer will provide compensation to cover any lost items and damage to your home, up to policy limits.
- Theft Insurance – Whether your loss occurred in the dead of night at home or on the street at gunpoint, theft insurance is supposed to help compensate you for your losses.
- Life Insurance – While it’s common knowledge that life insurance is intended to help families recover after the death of a loved one, not everyone understands how often these claims are denied. When an insurance company declines to pay out the promised benefits, it only further complicates a family’s grief.
- Business Insurance – Whatever the accidental cause of your business’ interruption, your insurer should fully acknowledge and consider your claim.
Why Insurance Claims Are Denied and What You Can Do
Palmdale insurance claim denials can be issued for any number of reasons, including the following:
- Technical errors related to the submission of the claim form
- Inaccurate property damage appraisals
- Ambiguity over a claim’s merits
- Lack of sufficient evidence
Aside from proving your losses beyond a reasonable doubt, another course of action you can take to fight for the compensation you need is hiring an experienced Palmdale insurance claim lawyer.
We will help you not only get all the documentation you need, but put pressure on insurance companies until they hold up their end of the bargain. An insurer acting in bad faith can also be sued for additional damages beyond those sought in your original claim.
Connect with a Palmdale Insurance Attorney
For many, insurance claims can make or break the bank when it comes to making a full financial recovery. If your insurance claim has been wrongly denied, we’re here to help.
Contact a Palmdale insurance lawyer at Haffner Law today for a free, no-obligation case consultation. Call us at 1-844-HAFFNER (423-3637) or head to the bottom of this page to fill out our online contact form today.