Experienced. Reliable. Capable. We Look Out for You.
- No Hidden Fees Involved
- No Obligation to Continue Beyond the Case Review
- Get All Your Legal Questions Answered
Notable Case Results
Class Action Mortgage Broker Rest Break
Wrongful Death/Personal Injury
Bank of AmericaMortgage Broker Wage Class Action
Brain Injury Settlement
Wrongful Death/Personal Injury
Bank of America Mortgage Broker Wage Class Action
no fees until you get paid
Santa Monica Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer
Have you suffered because your insurance company refused to pay you what you were owed? A Santa Monica bad faith insurance attorney can review your case and help you get everything you deserve.
Insurance is supposed to help us deal with the difficult times in our lives, but sometimes, an insurer may add to your troubles. You hope for a quick and fair settlement, but it may seem like the insurer denied your without a valid reason.
In these cases, you may need a Santa Monica bad faith insurance lawyer on your side. This could be a breach of the insurer’s duties, so you may receive further compensation because of your wait and suffering. If you’re dealing with these issues, Haffner Law is here to help.
What Is Bad Faith Insurance?
Insurance companies have certain duties to their clients, and when they fail to meet the expected standards, the client is the one who suffers.
However, a denial alone doesn’t mean you have a bad faith claim on your hands. Instead, you’ll need to prove that your insurer was negligent or actively tried to keep you from the settlement you were owed. Bad faith insurance actions in Santa Monica typically fall under a few categories:
- No Investigation – Insurers are expected to investigate so they can see the value of your claim. For instance, if your car is damaged, the insurer will need to assess the damage done before making a judgment on your claim’s value.
- Refusal to Pay – If you’re technically covered after a car crash by your insurance but your insurer won’t cover the damage, you’re not getting the services you pay for. In these cases, your insurer should be held accountable.
- Unreasonable Denial – An insurance adjuster may give you a demonstrably false reason for your denial, or he or she might try to avoid giving you a reason at all. This should be appealed, of course. If the insurer denied you without proper reason, you deserve compensation.
What Are Bad Faith Damages?
Getting damages for your Santa Monica bad faith insurance claim can help you get justice for the time you’ve had to wait without the settlement you need to handle your losses. When your insurer fails in its legal responsibilities to you, you deserve compensation.
To present a case in California, you’ll need to prove two major things: that your insurance company kept your benefits from you and that it had no cause to do so. When you’re dealing with a bad faith insurance claim, proving these things will be vital to your case’s success.
A lawyer can help you prepare for this. If you’re unable to get answers from your insurer while you’re struggling with your expenses, an attorney can help you communicate with the insurer, know your rights, and get your case started.
Talk to a Santa Monica Bad Faith Insurance Attorney
Insurance should protect us from disasters, but sometimes, insurance companies act against our best interests. Fortunately, a qualified lawyer can review your case for breaches of the insurer’s duty and help you handle each and every issue.
The lawyers at Haffner Law can spot problems with your claim, help you deal with insurers, and fight for your compensation in court if you have a bad faith claim. If you’re ready to get started on this, contact us for a free consultation with a Santa Monica bad faith insurance lawyer. Call us at 1-844-HAFFNER (423-3637) or fill out the online contact form below.