Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys in Van Nuys
The third leading cause of death in the U.S. is unintentional injuries. This includes motor vehicle accidents, falls, and other causes. If you or someone close has suffered an injury after an accident, and you believe that another party was responsible, you might want to file a personal injury claim.
Haffner Law’s experienced personal injury attorneys in Van Nuys will represent you on a NO-WIN, NO-FEE basis. This means we don’t charge you until we win your case.
The world of insurance claims and settlements is often chaotic. In many cases, even if the circumstances seem clear-cut, receiving compensation to cover your medical bills or lost income doesn’t come easy.
With an experienced lawyer investigating the details of your claim, building you a strong case, and taking the matter to court if necessary, you’re armed with everything you need to pursue a fair and reasonable outcome.
Investigating the Cause
To make the strongest claim possible, the first step is to determine the responsible party. There may be more than one party at fault.
If you develop a serious illness after eating at a restaurant, for example, you may file a claim against both the restaurant and the restaurant’s food distributor.
We will look into each party by interviewing witnesses, gathering evidence, and even get a testimony from an expert. All these take time, expertise, and extensive experience and knowledge in personal injury law.
Common Accident Types
Since there are several ways to suffer an injury due to someone else’s negligence, it’s also important to identify just what kind of accident took place. This will help your legal team come up with the most effective strategy for your claim by studying precedent cases.
In the restaurant example above, the accident is caused by a product defect. Your personal injury lawyer will build your case based on this classification.
The following are the most common types of injury-causing accidents you may encounter in Van Nuys:
- Vehicular Accidents – Traffic accidents may point to several causes including other drivers, vehicle manufacturers, passengers, pedestrians, or even government bodies that fail to properly care for the road.
- Product Defects – Companies have a responsibility to keep their consumers safe even if it negatively impacts their bottom line. This extends to their products – may it be a drug, food item, electronic device, or others.
- Premises Liability – If the negligence of a property owner causes your accident, they may be liable. If you had a fall walking on a slippery floor at a mall, for example, the mall may be held responsible.
- Assault or Battery – If someone’s action causes you harm, they may be liable.
- Construction or Workplace Accidents – Although Workers’ Compensation usually covers these injuries, if a third party was even partially responsible, they may be included in your lawsuit.
Consult with a Personal Injury Lawyer in Van Nuys
Let Haffner Law take care of your case and improve your chances of getting the best possible compensation for your accidental injury. We only charge you once your claim wins and you get compensated for it.
Call us at 1-844-HAFFNER (423-3637) to book a consultation.