CALL NOW TO SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY

1-844-HAFFNER

El Monte Personal Injury Lawyer

El Monte Personal Injury Lawyer

Seeking compensation after you’ve been injured is often essential, but it’s almost never easy. Luckily, an El Monte injury lawyer can make the process less difficult.

In an accident, every part of your body may be susceptible to serious injury. Making matters worse, your psychological health probably won’t be at its best, and your wallet will likely feel a lot lighter because of expensive medical bills that continue to pile on by the day.

Fortunately, injury victims in California can take advantage of the compensation available to them via personal injury law, which can make a substantial difference in your recovery. To get a better idea of the financial relief that may await you, contact an El Monte personal injury lawyer at Haffner Law today.

Personal Injury Claims in El Monte

Personal injury cases come in a handful of varieties, including the following types we commonly handle in El Monte:

  • Motor Vehicle Accidents – Although you probably won’t hear it in the news, car accidents have actually increased in number in recent years. Anything from the buzzing of a cell phone to having too many drinks can impair a driver’s reflexes and decision-making, leading to a disastrous wreck. If you can prove another driver’s negligence, you may be eligible for compensation in the form of damages.
  • Product Liability – All companies, from toy makers to car manufacturers, have the occasional dangerous product come off the assembly line. If you happen to be hurt by that faulty product, a product liability suit may provide recourse for your injuries and losses.
  • Premises Liability – Getting injured on someone else’s property, whether an apartment, mansion, or anything in between, may entitle you to compensation. A couple of common types of premises liability cases involve slip-and-fall accidents and dog bites. As with every other accident type, you must prove negligence on the part of the owner of the property.
  • Construction and Work Accidents – While some workplaces are safer than others, no working environment is immune to the occasional serious injury. Whether you happen to be a librarian or construction worker, you may be eligible for damages in the case of physical harm. While workers compensation is a viable option for many injury victims, it often falls short of providing adequate benefits.

Pieces of Personal Injury Law to Know in California

Personal injury victims in California should familiarize themselves with a few legal concepts that may apply to their case. One important concept to fully comprehend is the standard of comparative negligence, which allows multiple parties to be held liable in a personal injury case.

Quite simply, this standard can carry immense implications in determining how much compensation you ultimately receive. Being found 40 percent liable for your own injuries, for instance, could make it so you are only eligible to receive the remaining 60 percent of the damages awarded to you in a suit or settlement.

Another important legal concept to understand is California’s statute of limitations for personal injury cases, which is two years. A case’s statute of limitations denotes the period of time from the date of your accident that you will be able to file a suit or claim.

While other legal considerations will almost certainly arise, you can take comfort in knowing that your case will be handled with care if you team up with a personal injury lawyer in El Monte.

Contact an El Monte Personal Injury Attorney

There is never a right time or place to get injured, but you can at least play a part in making sure you get what you need in your journey to full health.

For reassurance that your claim will be handled properly, contact an El Monte personal injury lawyer at Haffner Law today. Call us at 1-844-HAFFNER (423-3637) or fill out the form below to schedule a free, no-obligation case consultation.

Click below to share this article:
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn

FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW FOR A FREE CASE REVIEW

Sidebar Form
I've been injured...

Legal Resources

RESULTS

$15,000,000
PROPERTY DAMAGE / BAD FAITH
$97,284,817
Class Action / Rest Break
$10,000,000
Bad Faith
$8,820,000
Brain Injury
$7,500,000
Medical Malpractice
$8,250,000
Wrongful Death / Accident
$1,000,000
Construction Defect

INJURED ? CALL (213) 212-6946

or

FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW FOR A

FREE CASE REVIEW

THE USE OF THE INTERNET OR THIS FORM FOR COMMUNICATION WITH THE FIRM OR ANY INDIVIDUAL MEMBER OF THE FIRM DOES NOT ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. SENDING TIME SENSITIVE MATERIAL TO THE FIRM VIA THIS MESSAGE, WILL NOT BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE FIRM. PROCEED IF YOU’VE READ THIS DISCLAIMER.
Footer Form
I've been injured...