Your ability to recover depends on receiving fair compensation for your truck accident. Let a Glendale semi-truck crash lawyer help make sure you get what you need.
Your financial stability and physical wellbeing are in danger the moment an 18-wheeler swerves into your lane, rear-ends you, or otherwise causes a crash. From the time of impact to years into the future, you’re likely to feel the aftershocks of this terrifying event.
Most victims want nothing more than to return to the lives they had before their truck accident, but many don’t know how. The key to a successful recovery isreceiving the compensation you deserve from the person responsible for your crash.
You can win what you’re owed through a personal injury claim. However, filing a successful claim is easier said than done for people without significant legal experience. Fortunately, you can turn to a Glendale truck accident lawyer for help with your claim. The attorneys at Haffner Law are prepared to take on your case.
Understanding Fault in 18-Wheeler Accidents
First and foremost, we will have to determine who truly holds the blame for your Glendale semi-truck accident. This can quickly become a difficult undertaking because many parties can hold some or all of the responsibility.
The following are some parties who might be partially responsible for your commercial truck crash:
- Truckers – Drowsy, drunk, distracted, and reckless truck drivers can easily cause crashes. When they do, you can hold them financially accountable.
- Trucking Companies – If trucking companies violate federal or state regulations by making their truckers work too many hours, for example, you might be able to name them in your claim for compensation.
- Cargo Loaders – Truck accidents are often caused by improperly loaded or secured cargo that falls onto the asphalt or causes the vehicle to tip over. If your Glendale truck crash lawyer can help you prove that the cargo was carelessly loaded, you might be able to pursue compensation from the person responsible for the mishap.
- Mechanics – Trucks should receive regular maintenance. When they don’t, or when that maintenance work is shoddy, crashes can result. In those cases, you might be able to hold the mechanic accountable.
- Manufacturers – Large commercial vehicles have a lot of parts. If any of those parts were defective and contributed to your Glendale truck accident, the manufacturer might be liable for your injuries.
- Local Government Agencies – Unsafe roads can cause any vehicle to crash, but large trucks are particularly susceptible to hazards like narrow lanes, sharp turns, and debris. If such a hazard caused your truck accident in Glendale, you might be able to seek compensation from the government agency whose responsibility it is to keep the roads safe for motorists.
Your Glendale commercial truck crash attorney will examine all the evidence to identify all of the people you should name in your claim.
The Value of Your Truck Crash Claim
Once you have documented your injuries and determined who was at fault for your Glendale semi-truck wreck, your attorney will help you place a value on your injury claim. This value will be determined by the types and severity of the damages you suffered.
You might be able to receive compensation for the following damages after your 18-wheeler crash:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Vehicle damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
Team Up with a Glendale Truck Accident Attorney
Start the process of pursuing compensation for your truck accident today. Get in touch with a Glendale truck accident lawyer at Haffner Law by calling 1-844-HAFFNER (423-3637) or filling out the form below.