Glendale CA Personal Injury Lawyer
An injury of any kind can put your life and your finances on hold. Get the help you need and the compensation you deserve by teaming up with a Glendale injury lawyer.
Maybe you were hit by a drunk driver on your way to hike in the Verdugo Mountains, or maybe you slipped on a wet floor at the Americana at Brand. If your injury was the result of someone else’s negligence, it doesn’t really matter how you were injured. What does matter is your need for compensation as you recover.
At Haffner Law, we understand that. That’s why we help injured Glendale residents fight for the compensation they deserve. When you file a personal injury claim, you’re likely going to want a Glendale personal injury lawyer on your side as you navigate California’s legal system and fight the negligent parties and insurance companies. We’re ready to help.
Tell Us About Your Case
Personal injury is a broad term. It can include almost any kind of injury, as long as that injury was the result of the careless actions of another person, business, or government agency. However, you will want to be specific about the details of your accident when you file your claim for compensation.
The following are some common types of incidents that lead to personal injury claims in Glendale:
- Vehicle Crashes – Anyone who spends much time on Glendale’s roadways has seen a wrecked motorcycle , smashed sedan, or crumpled semi-truck on the side of the road. If you’ve been hurt in one of those accidents, you might be able to file an injury claim against the responsible party.
- Work Accidents – Glendale’s roadways – Although a large portion of work-related injuries involve the construction industry, almost all sectors pose risks to employees. While workers compensation insurance will cover most workplace injuries, the benefits too often don’t truly account for injured workers’ damages. Under the right circumstances, you can file a personal injury claim instead.
- Premises Liability Incidents –Slip-and-fall accidents happen all the time, but sometimes they could have been avoided had a business or property owner maintained safety standards. In instances like that, as well as dog bites, electrocutions, and more, you might be able to file a claim for compensation.
- Defective Product Injuries – When you purchase a product, you do so with the belief that the manufacturer took appropriate steps to make sure the product was safe for use. Most of the time, that’s true, but when manufacturers release unsafe products that injure you, you might be eligible for personal injury compensation.
Statute of Limitations and Other Concerns
Countless rules govern personal injury law in California, and they’re often written in hard-to-understand legal jargon that will easily confuse anyone who doesn’t have legal expertise. Of course, your Glendale accident injury lawyer will be steeped in the relevant laws and know exactly how best to pursue the compensation you’re owed.
As you start the process of seeking compensation, however, it will be important to understand the statute of limitations for California personal injury claims. It’s two years, which means you won’t be able to pursue compensation if you file a claim more than two years after your accident.
Also important to understand is the way in which California assigns fault in personal injury claims. Our state follows a doctrine called comparative negligence, which holds that multiple people can be found responsible for an accident.
If you are found to hold a portion of the responsibility for your injuries, your compensation will be reduced proportionally. For instance, if you’re found 10 percent responsible for your car crash , you’ll only receive 90 percent of the compensation awarded to you.
Compensation for Personal Injury Claims
In the end, you want to know how much compensation a successful Glendale personal injury claim will get you. That will depend on your damages, which might include any or all of the following:
- Medical bills
- Property damage
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Reduced quality of life
To get started on your personal injury claim, get in touch with Haffner Law. You can schedule a consultation with a Glendale personal injury lawyer by calling 1-844-HAFFNER (423-3637) or filling out the form below.