A Lancaster wrongful death attorney will hold those who caused your loved one’s untimely death financially accountable.
Losing a family member is a heartbreaking experience. And when your loved one passes away due to the negligence or recklessness of another party, it shouldn’t be your responsibility to handle the financial the fallout on your own.
The legal team at Haffner Law understands the delicate nature of your situation, and we would be happy to offer our services to you. A Lancaster wrongful death lawyer with our firm can help you as you file a claim for the compensation you deserve for your loved one’s death.
Who Can Sue for Wrongful Death in California?
Every state sets specific parameters for wrongful death lawsuits. In the state of California, only specific parties are eligible to collect compensation after a fatal accident.
These parties include the following:
- <>The spouse of the deceased
- The domestic partner of the deceased
- The children of the deceased
- The parents of the deceased
- The siblings of the deceased
Typically, successful Lancaster wrongful death claims are brought about by blood relatives or spouses of the deceased. However, with the help of your wrongful death lawyer, you may also be able to file a claim if you were financially dependent on the deceased and one of the following:
- Putative spouse, meaning you were married in good faith but technically not married due to a legal hiccup
- The children of the putative spouse
- A minor who resided at the deceased’s home and depended on the deceased
Compensation for Fatal Accidents in Lancaster
Of course, no amount of money will ever make up for the grief you feel after losing a beloved family member. However, working with a wrongful death lawyer in Lancaster can help ease the burden and give you more energy to focus on the grieving process by eliminating financial stress from your life.
We will do everything we can to recover the most compensation possible and make your life as simple as possible.
Some of the damages often included in wrongful death claims include the following:
- Full coverage for any costs brought about by the funeral and burial
- Compensation for lost income, which includes any potential income your loved one might have earned in the future
- Complete coverage of medical bills tied to your loved one’s treatment after his or her accident
- Compensation for the value of lost household services
- Loss of love, affection, emotional support, and more>
Contact a Lancaster Wrongful Death Attorney
If you are struggling to get by after losing a beloved family member in a fatal accident, our team at Haffner Law would be honored to offer our services to you in your time of need. We hope you’ll get in touch with us today so we can work with you to recover compensation that helps you move forward with relative ease.
To get started, give an understanding and experienced Lancaster wrongful death lawyer a call today at 1-844-HAFFNER (423-3637) or fill out our online contact form at the bottom of the page.