Experienced. Reliable. Capable. We Look Out for You.
- No Hidden Fees Involved
- No Obligation to Continue Beyond the Case Review
- Get All Your Legal Questions Answered
Notable Case Results
Class Action Mortgage Broker Rest Break
Wrongful Death/Personal Injury
Bank of AmericaMortgage Broker Wage Class Action
Brain Injury Settlement
Wrongful Death/Personal Injury
Bank of America Mortgage Broker Wage Class Action
no fees until you get paid
Long Beach Disability Lawyer
If you’ve had your disability claim denied or are struggling with the filing process, a Long Beach long-term disability lawyer can help you.
Filing a long-term disability claim can be a time-consuming and difficult process. Afteryou’ve been injured, you are already struggling with pain and stress and dealing with uncertainty about your future. The paperwork required to file your claim can be overwhelming and difficult to understand.
On top of that, the all-too-common denials from insurance companies are frustrating. The insurance company will do everything in its power to deny your long-term disability claim—even for the most trivial paperwork errors—so it won’t have to pay you.
Insurers are hoping you’ll be so discouraged by the process that you’ll simply give up. Don’t. A Long Beach disability lawyer from Haffner Law can help you file the paperwork. We will tell you what documents to collect from your doctors, help you appeal any denials, and, if necessary, take your claim to court.
Why Do Long-Term Disability Claims Get Denied?
Unfortunately for you, the insurance adjusters who evaluate your claim work for the insurance companies. That means it’s their job to pay out as few disability claims as possible. They will often deny even the most deserving claims of disability, sometimes over a simple technicality.
Often, insurers will deny a claim based on missing or incomplete information on a form or maybe because you failed to send in a required document signed by the proper medical professional. The truth is they are looking for reasons to deny you. That’s why having a Long Beach long-term disability attorney on your side is so imperative to your success.
The following are some common reasons disability claims are denied:
- Medical Evidence Is Insufficient – For your disability claim to go through, you must have all the proper medical paperwork that proves your disability. Your disability attorney can help guide you through this process so you know how often to go see a doctor and what paperwork to collect during each visit.
- Failure to Meet Policy’s Disability Definition –Your policy’s definition of disability is likely confusing and difficult to understand. How are you supposed to be sure you meet the insurance company’s definition? Your lawyer can analyze the terminology and help you prove that you do meet the definition.
- Missed Deadlines – Deadlines for long-term disability claims are not negotiable, and your Long Beach disability claim can be denied simply because you missed the window for supplying certain paperwork. When you are disabled, meeting deadlines can be tough. Your attorney can handle all your deadlines for you.
- Evidence Conflicts with Your Disability – Some insurance companies will go as far as sending people to collect evidence on you. If they feel they have caught you doing something inconsistent with your disability, they may try to deny your claim. In unfair cases like this, your Long Beach disability attorney won’t hesitate to take your claim to court.
What Is Your Long-Term Disability Lawyer’s Role?
Many people believe they can file their disability claims on their own, but it’s almost always better to seek the advice of a disability attorney. You are already dealing with a challenging physical condition, and adding the stress of the disability claim process isn’t going to help.
Your Long Beach attorney can do a lot to make the disability claim process go smoothly:
- Filing the Initial Claim – We will work closely with you, your doctors, and your employer to be sure that all necessary paperwork is submitted in a timely manner, decreasing the likelihood of a denial.
- Appealing a Denied Claim – Your attorney will help you discover the reason for your denial and gather all the necessary documentation to appeal it.
- Taking Your Claim to Court – If necessary, we will take your claim to court so you can get the money you need to stay financially secure during your long-term disability.
Contact a Long Beach Disability Attorney
Don’t let the struggle of filing your long-term disability claim keep you from getting what you need to provide for your future. We are happy to walk you through the process step by step, making the possibility of a successful resolution to your claim much more likely.
Take the next step by contacting a Long Beach disability lawyer at Haffner Law. We offer a free consultation to discuss your long-term disability case. Our number is 1-844-HAFFNER (423-3637). You may also contact us via the form at the bottom of this page.