Experienced. Reliable. Capable. We Look Out for You.
- No Hidden Fees Involved
- No Obligation to Continue Beyond the Case Review
- Get All Your Legal Questions Answered
Notable Case Results
Class Action Mortgage Broker Rest Break
Wrongful Death/Personal Injury
Bank of AmericaMortgage Broker Wage Class Action
Brain Injury Settlement
Wrongful Death/Personal Injury
Bank of America Mortgage Broker Wage Class Action
no fees until you get paid
Los Angeles Construction Defect Lawyer
You shouldn’t have to pay for construction mistakes. A Los Angeles construction defect attorney can make sure you don’t have to.
Building a home is an enormous undertaking with hundreds of steps. A task that large leaves a lot of room for mistakes. Through using defective materials, poor design, or below-par work, contractors and construction companies can cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars when they’re careless.
Luckily, you may be entitled to compensation for any defects in the construction of your home or business. You can hold the responsible party accountable, but to do so effectively, you may need some help from a Los Angeles construction defect lawyer.
The attorneys at Haffner Law are experienced with this area of the law and happy to help victims recover the compensation they deserve.
What Is a Construction Defect?
Imagine you moved into your newly constructed home six months ago. You’ve unpacked all your things and settled into your new life. One morning, you see an enormous crack in the basement wall.
That’s an example of a potential construction defect. Repairing the foundation of your home—or repairing any major structural problem—can easily drain your bank account. You shouldn’t have to pay for repairs when you already paid for the construction to be done right the first time.
Other examples of construction defects include the following:
- Water Leaking – Problems with the roof, building materials, or plumbing could all cause water leaks.
- Uneven Foundations – Both soil movement and poor construction and design can cause uneven foundations.
- Inexplicably Cracked Windows – Improper shifting or settling of a new building, as well as problems with the foundation, can cause windows to crack.
- Faulty Plumbing – Shoddy plumbing work can quickly make your home unusable.
- Uneven Floors – Low-quality or improper materials and poor craftsmanship can lead to unevenness in your floors.
- Toxic Mold – When contractors use improper building materials or provide inadequate ventilation, health-damaging moldcan quickly grow in your home.
You may immediately notice a construction defect in your Los Angeles home, or it may not become apparent for years. Either way, if you can prove the problem began with the design or construction of the home, you may be able to file a claim.
Who Should You Name in Your Construction Defect Claim?
In general, the developer or builder of your Los Angeles home will be held responsible for construction defects. However, you may also be able to pursue compensation from subcontractors and designers who caused the problem.
Although some builders will own up to their poor work, many will point the blame at other parties, including subcontractors. Don’t waste your time trying to get someone to admit fault for your construction defects. Instead, work with a Los Angeles construction problem lawyer.
Winning Compensation for Los Angeles Construction Defects
California law provides for victims of shoddy construction work to receive compensation for the various damages they may suffer. Depending on your circumstances, your Los Angeles defective construction lawyer may be able to help you recover the following damages:
- Costs to repair the construction mistake
- Expenses tied to temporary relocation
- The cost of storing your belongings outside the home while repairs are made
- Other fees associated with the building not being up to code or investigating violations
Connect with a Los Angeles Construction Defect Attorney
Your home is essential to the life you’re accustomed to, and it’s something you have already paid for. You shouldn’t have to suffer financially because builders or other contractors didn’t want to make the proper efforts when working on your home.