Experienced. Reliable. Capable. We Look Out for You.
- No Hidden Fees Involved
- No Obligation to Continue Beyond the Case Review
- Get All Your Legal Questions Answered
Notable Case Results
Class Action Mortgage Broker Rest Break
Wrongful Death/Personal Injury
Bank of AmericaMortgage Broker Wage Class Action
Brain Injury Settlement
Wrongful Death/Personal Injury
Bank of America Mortgage Broker Wage Class Action
no fees until you get paid
Los Angeles Sexual Abuse Lawyer
Under no circumstances should sexual abusers go unpunished. Regardless of the outcome of any criminal trials, a Los Angeles sexual abuse attorney can help you hold the abuser financially accountable in civil court.
Few acts are more disturbing than sexual abuse. Recent events in Hollywood and sports have brought forward how prevalent sexual abuse is and how unheard the victims can be.
Sex abuse is a sensitive topic, and <holding the offender financially accountable after criminal proceedings is important in helping victims get back some of the quality of life they have lost. A Los Angeles sexual abuse lawyer at Haffner Law can provide you with steadfast support as you seek compensation from the perpetrator.
Perpetrators of Abuse
People in positions of power and trust often commit sexual abuse. Abusers are often well-known to survivors. Common perpetrators of sex abuse in Los Angeles include the following:
- Family members
- Clergy members
- Famous or powerful people like celebrities or government officials
Sexual abuse doesn’t always involve rape, force, or even physical contact. Abuse can involve many forms of physical, verbal, and emotional misconduct. Adults and children can become victims. Together you and your sexual abuse lawyer in Los Angeles can hold the perpetrator accountable, even if the criminal justice system fails to.
Types of sexual abuse include the following:
- Sexual harassment
- Unwanted sexual advances, touching, fondling, kissing, or violent sexual activity
- Forced observation of sexual acts
- Undesired exposure to pornography
- Public display of explicit images that were taken in a private context or when the victim was unaware
- Date rape
Regarding children, everything above is considered sexual abuse, although consent is not considered because children cannot legally consent. Los Angeles sex abuse cases that involve children often involve the following perpetrator behaviors:
- Taking nude photos or videos of children
- Forcing children to perform sexual acts>
- Forcing children to undress>
- Exposing children to pornography
Compensation for Sexual Abuse in Los Angeles
There’s nothing anyone can do to truly make a victim of sexual abuse whole again, but compensation for economic and non-economic damages can help victims become survivors. Mental health counseling and lost work time while recovering can be financially crippling, so winning a personal injury case is often essential.
As a victim of sexual abuse in Los Angeles, you deserve compensation for every hardship you’ve suffered because of your abuser. Damages in these types of claims often include the following:
- Immediate and long-term medical expenses
- Lost income
- Psychological and emotional therapy costs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Diminished quality of life
- Lost ability to cope with work and daily activities
- Loss of consortium, society, or companionship
- Punitive damages
Contact a Los Angeles Sexual Abuse Attorney
You deserve closure, and having a civil court acknowledge the abuse and punish the perpetrator can help you achieve that.
Contact a Los Angeles sexual abuse lawyer at Haffner Law to schedule a free, no-obligation, and confidential legal consultation as soon as you’re ready. Give us a call at 1-844-HAFFNER (423-3637) or fill out the online contact form below.