Experienced. Reliable. Capable. We Look Out for You.
- No Hidden Fees Involved
- No Obligation to Continue Beyond the Case Review
- Get All Your Legal Questions Answered
Notable Case Results
Class Action Mortgage Broker Rest Break
Wrongful Death/Personal Injury
Bank of AmericaMortgage Broker Wage Class Action
Brain Injury Settlement
Wrongful Death/Personal Injury
Bank of America Mortgage Broker Wage Class Action
no fees until you get paid
Palmdale Personal Injury Lawyer
Get the compensation you need by working with an experienced and dedicated law firm. A Palmdale injury lawyer with Haffner Law will help you get the justice you deserve.
After you’ve been injured, you may be hesitant to take on the huge task of filing a personal injury claim. That’s understandable, but in the end, you will need fair compensation to fully recover from your injuries, and filing a claim may be the only way to get it. Luckily, you can enlist qualified legal help to make the process easier.
To see if you may be eligible for compensation for your various injuries and damages, contact a Palmdale personal injury lawyer at Haffner Law today.
Types of Palmdale Personal Injury Cases
We handle many types of personal injury cases in Palmdale. We’ve detailed a few common types below:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – Whether driving will be safer in the future can’t be known, but perhaps we should still be concerned about the present: Statistics show that crashes have increased in number in recent years. If you can prove that another driver’s careless actions or behavior led to your serious injury in a car, truck, or motorcycle crash, you may be able to recover compensation.
- Product Liability – Machines can produce goods efficiently and effectively, but they do make mistakes. If you’ve been injured by any type of product or good, whether it’s a convertible or a scalding cup of coffee, it would certainly be advisable to explore your legal options.
- Premises Liability – Say you’re invited to an event or residence, and you find yourself injured on the owner’s property through no fault of your own. In this situation, you would likely be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries through the avenue of premises liability law. It helps that you will really only need to prove the cause of your injuries, rather than any intent behind the property owner’s negligence.
- Construction and Other Work Accidents – Whether you work in a sterile office or on a bustling construction site, accidents can—and do—happen with alarming frequency. Unfortunately, workers compensation often provides limited benefits to injury victims, making it imperative to find other ways to receive adequate compensation. In such scenarios, you may want to consider filing a personal injury suit.
Personal Injury Law in California
Handling a personal injury case in California is not the same as filing one in, say, Utah, which explains why it’s important to review relevant legal items to know in the Golden State. First, it’s critical to understand the implications of California’s use of the standard of comparative negligence, which allows multiple parties to be held liable in a personal injury case.
One implication is that you may be eligible to receive compensation from all the people and institutions that played a part in causing your injuries. The flip side, however, is that you can also be held partly liable for your accident, which can reduce your damages to the extent to which you’re found at fault, while not barring them altogether.
A simple illustration would be you only receiving 80 percent of your potential award if you are found 20 percent responsible for your serious injury.
California also has a statute of limitations of two years for personal injury cases, which must be kept in mind when deciding to file a suit. Essentially, this means legal action must commence within two years of the date of your accident.
If you realize that you still have unanswered questions about how personal injury law works, don’t hesitate to dial a Palmdale accident injury lawyer.
Contact a Palmdale Personal Injury Attorney
There are droves of personal injury lawyers in Southern California, but finding an attorney who’s both competent and caring can be a tall order. For legal representation that will exceed your expectations, contact Haffner Law today.
Call us at 1-844-HAFFNER (423-3637) or fill out the form below to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with a Palmdale personal injury lawyer.