Experienced. Reliable. Capable. We Look Out for You.
- No Hidden Fees Involved
- No Obligation to Continue Beyond the Case Review
- Get All Your Legal Questions Answered
Notable Case Results
Class Action Mortgage Broker Rest Break
Wrongful Death/Personal Injury
Bank of AmericaMortgage Broker Wage Class Action
Brain Injury Settlement
Wrongful Death/Personal Injury
Bank of America Mortgage Broker Wage Class Action
no fees until you get paid
Palmdale Wrongful Death Lawyer
Along with the unimaginable emotional pain that accompanies the death of a loved one, you’re likely going to face some significant financial stress. For help, reach out to a Palmdale wrongful death attorney.
While knowing the cause and intent behind a loved one’s fatal accident can be comforting, such closure only helps for so long. Emotional grief will likely soon be overshadowed by financial concerns, such as the liabilities your loved one’s passing left, whether through loss of income or newfound expenses, such as burial costs.
We are well-aware that compensation cannot heal any deeper inner wounds, but it can help tremendously with getting you and your family back on relatively stable financial footing. To see what legal options may be available to you, contact a Palmdale wrongful death lawyer at Haffner Law today.
Who Can Sue for Wrongful Death in California?
Unfortunately, only a select few individuals are typically eligible to present a wrongful death suit on behalf of a deceased relative in Palmdale. These include the following:
- The wrongful death victim’s surviving spouse or domestic partner
- Any children of the wrongful death victim
- Any family member who is eligible to inherit the deceased individual’s assets (e.g., siblings and parents)
- Stepchildren (under some circumstances)
- The executor of the victim’s estate
Minors who both resided with the wrongful death victim for at least 180 days prior to the death and received at least half of their financial support from the deceased individual may also be able to file a claim.
It should be noted that California has a statute of limitations of two years for personal injury cases, which means you must file your claim before this period elapses.
Wrongful Death Damages in Palmdale
In your Palmdale wrongful death claim, you will want to document a number of losses that you or your loved one suffered as a result of your loved one’s death. These may include the following:
- Any of his or her lost wages or income-earning potential, which can include past, present, and expected future pay
- Expenses related to your loved one’s funeral and burial or cremation
- Any incurred medical expenses
- Emotional or psychological tolls that render you incapable in certain areas (e.g., performing chores or household duties)
- Pain and suffering or emotional distress
- Lost companionship from your loved one
Proving Who Is at Fault
It’s imperative that you fully understand the standard of comparative negligence, which can affect how you approach your case.
In California, comparative negligence will often allow you to sue multiple parties, although your damages may be reduced if your loved one is determined to have been partly responsible for the accident that led to his or her death.
Ultimately, the outcome of your case will be largely predicated on how well you’re able to demonstrate the negligence of the defendant. That’s something a qualified attorney can help with.
Call a Palmdale Wrongful Death Attorney
Life is a precious thing, and we firmly believe justice must be served for an accidental death victim’s surviving family members. Unfortunately, in the pursuit of fair compensation, not just any attorney will cut it, which emphasizes the need for proven and experienced legal representation.
To work with an attorney who will put your needs first, contact a Palmdale wrongful death lawyer at Haffner Law today. Call us at 1-844-HAFFNER (423-3637) or fill out the form below to schedule a no-cost, no-pressure consultation.