After you’ve been injured, you need to know whether you’re eligible for compensation and how much you might receive. A Torrance injury lawyer can help you find out and fight for what you’re owed.
Injuries can strike at any moment. And while you’re unlikely to always be prepared for an accident, you can arm yourself with legal representation after the fact.
Doing so could land you compensation for every effect your injury has on your life. Considering the costly medical bills, wage losses, and other damages you’re likely to face after an injury, obtaining compensation is vital to your future.
That’s why many injury victims enlist the services of a Torrance personal injury lawyer at Haffner Law. With their considerable legal knowledge and experience, our attorneys are more than ready to help you.
How Were You Injured?
If you’ve been injured because of someone else’s negligent actions, the bottom line is clear: You deserve compensation, and you need that compensation so you can recover and move on with your life.
However, how you were injured can be just as important as the bottom line because the various accident types can point to different parties you should name in your claim.
The following are some of the most common accident types that lead to injuries:
- Vehicle Accidents – Cars, trucks, motorcycles, planes, trains, boats, bikes—any vehicle is vulnerable to an accident when another driver behaves negligently. Vehicle accident claims often point to other drivers, manufacturers of defective car parts, and local governmental bodies tasked with maintaining safe roads as the responsible parties.
- Product Defect Accidents – When a product doesn’t function as advertised and injures you as a result, you may be able to pursue compensation from the manufacturer.
- Premises Liability Accidents – If you slip and fall on a wet floor, get bitten by a dog, or are otherwise injured on someone else’s property, you might be able to name the property owner in your claim for compensation.
- Work Accidents – A large number of work injuries are covered by workers compensation, but certain circumstances call for personal injury damages from third parties or product manufacturers, which can be much more valuable. Construction accidents are a common factor in Torrance personal injury cases.
Compensation for Torrance Personal Injury Claims
Whether you suffered a sprained wrist or a traumatic brain injury, you deserve compensation if your accident wasn’t your fault. But it’s important that you name each and every damage you’ve suffered. Otherwise, you might not receive all the compensation you need.
An experienced Torrance accident injury lawyer can help you assess all the present and future hardships related to your injury and place a value on them for your claim.
The following are some of the most common damages awarded in Torrance personal injury claims:
- Medical expenses, including expected future costs
- Damage to your vehicle or other property
- Lost wages while you recover at home or in the hospital
- Lost future income due to disability
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Wrongful death
Connect with a Torrance Personal Injury Attorney
Fighting for compensation after you’ve been injured is important for two primary reasons: You get the compensation you need to regain your financial stability, and you hold the negligent party accountable for his or her actions.
Haffner Law can help you achieve both of those outcomes. To get started, give us a call at 1-844-HAFFNER (423-3637) or fill out the online contact form at the bottom of the page to schedule a free consultation with a Torrance personal injury lawyer.