Torrance Truck Accident Lawyer
When you’re hurt in a truck accident, your peace of mind is left at the scene of the crash. Get it back with the help of a Torrance truck accident attorney.
Most motorists get a little nervous when they have to drive alongside semi-trucks and 18-wheelers. That’s understandable—just thinking of the damage such enormous vehicles could do in an accident is enough to make anyone shudder.
In the unfortunate event of a truck accident, you’re likely also left with sky-high medical bills and lost time at work. Where can you turn for help?
Determining Who Caused Your Truck Crash
To many semi-truck accident victims, determining who was at fault for the crash initially seems obvious. But even though the truck driver is often to blame, various other parties could have contributed to your accident.
It’s important to identify everyone who holds blame for what happened to you because you’ll have to name them in your claim to receive compensation from them.
The following are some common causes of Torrance truck accidents and who might be at fault:
- Drowsy Driving – Too often, commercial truck drivers transport cargo across California at all hours of the night and day, making them drowsy enough to fall asleep at the wheel. The trucker or trucking company may be to blame in such a case.
- Hurried Driving – For many commercial drivers, meeting delivery deadlines takes priority over safety. This can cause them to speed or drive recklessly. You may be able to name the trucking company in your claim if it placed pressure on the at-fault trucker to drive too quickly.
- Compromised Cargo – An unsecured load can easily cause an 18-wheeler accident. Who you name in your claim under these circumstances will depend on who improperly loaded the truck.
- Malfunctioning Semi-Truck Parts – Manufacturers of truck parts make mistakes, and they should be held accountable when they do so. If, for example, the truck’s brakes failed and caused the 18-wheeler to crash into your vehicle, you may be eligible for compensation from the brakes manufacturer.
Getting the Compensation You’re Owed
Your Torrance 18-wheeler accident lawyer can help you place a monetary value on every damage you’ve suffered. This will ensure that you’re not left needing more compensation later on.
The following are some semi-truck crash damages for which your attorney may advise you to seek compensation:
- Current and future healthcare expenses
- Income you lost during your recovery
- Permanent disability
- Damage to your vehicle
- Emotional trauma
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Wrongful death
Speak with a Torrance Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer
Insurance companies and negligent parties will do their level best to victimize you twice—once in your truck accident and again when you seek compensation. For the sake of your financial future, you can’t let that happen.
That’s how we feel at Haffner Law, and we’re ready to work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve. To schedule a free consultation with a Torrance truck accident lawyer, give us a call at 1-844-HAFFNER (423-3637) or head to the bottom of this page to fill out our online contact form.